Low Level situation in Cordor

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Void

Re: Low Level situation in Cordor

Post by Void » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am
I think the most simple solution to this problem is to adjust the earliest writ rewards in Cordor to create more options for a first lvl 3 writ. Can also expand the cargo ships with the rats a little and turn it into a writ.
Adjusting writ levels isn't exactly going work. The writ levels are not assigned at random, they indicate that you can go to the area alone and likely won't be slaughtered at least not right away.

Expanding cargo ships and turning them into writs would work. Those areas seem to be underused, as I haven't seen people hunting tails there in a long time.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 pm

There's always more low-bie characters than dungeons. Especially after updates. Cordor is the same as it used to be. It is Skal that got really improved for the purpose of quick start. It's not just the writ rewards, its many many more things that are mostly FOIG I think. This thread feels like a classic case of "oh this got buffed, what about the thing I use?". Cordor still has it's perks and beyond expanding the ships a little and putting a writ label on it, I dont think there's a required move.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Void

Post by Void » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:16 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 pm
There's always more low-bie characters than dungeons. Especially after updates.
The idea is not to have as many dungeons as there are characters, but have enough so that they all can use them without interfering with each other.
AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:09 pm
Cordor is the same as it used to be.
It is not. At one point you could wonder in the sewers for hours without meeting anyone. Do you remember that time? I do.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm

I dont really miss it, to be honest. And if wandering around alone in vast empty screens and hunting things is your thing, Skal is your place.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Void

Post by Void » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:33 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 pm
I dont really miss it, to be honest. And if wandering around alone in vast empty screens and hunting things is your thing, Skal is your place.
The more you try to promote skal in a thread where it is offtopic, the more people will dislike the place. Something to keep in mind. You can't force people into liking the location.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Void wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 am
MissEvelyn wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am
+1 Well said.

Skal is a fantastic setting, and
No.

My experience and conclusions are valid.
Your conclusions and experiences aren't valid they're anecdotal, but i mean you can continue to bash Skal all you want. It's indicative of the sort of player you are, and frankly Skal doesn't need you.

Void

Post by Void » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Ork wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:42 pm
Your conclusions and experiences aren't valid they're anecdotal, but i mean you can continue to bash Skal all you want. It's indicative of the sort of player you are, and frankly Skal doesn't need you.
"I dislike the environment because of past experience in it" --> "you're a bad person who is not needed here".

You're calling my existence an anecdote, are jumping to conclusions about my personal qualities based on incomplete information you have, while trying to subtly imply that anyone who dislikes Skal is a bad person. At the same time this has nothing to do with the original post.

If you wanted to promote the environment on Skal, that's not the way to do it.

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:03 pm

While it is acceptable to disagree, please consider more strongly both the intent behind a thread's beginning as well as how it proceeds. Each of us needs to be accountable for how we present our thoughts.

This mud slinging needs to stop. Be more considerate, everyone.