Infiltration Belt

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

vawton

Infiltration Belt

Post by vawton » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:13 am

Always love to see new craft-able gear; always a highlight for those of use into the merchant RP. But, I'm curious why the new Infiltration Belt has a dwarven rune on it? There's no explanation for it in the description and seems like the creator might have made a mistake.
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." -TV's Craig Ferguson

Ninjimmy

Re: Infiltration Belt

Post by Ninjimmy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:57 am

Pure flavour - why wouldn't it be dwarven?
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:09 am

Frankly all magic items should require dwarven incantations. Then have them as an item craftable only for dwarves (duergar dont count) using writing paper and snot.

Dwarves generate snot every tick. Snot will fill up backpacks if left unchecked and must be dropped or wiped on surfaces if the supply grows too large.

I expect this to generate a colossal amount of rp.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 am

Not every infiltrator has a DEX build. Maybe the belt should provide a CON bonus by default.
DEX builds could still enchant it with their primary stat via the rune, and other characters with the stat they need most.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 pm

2 Displacer Hide
5 Pots of Dirt (Under Herbalism)
1 Silver Ingot
6 Spider Silk
Hrm. I recall that was supposed to be the recipe. I'll take a look at it and maybe altar it later if I can. Good catch.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:11 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 am
Not every infiltrator has a DEX build. Maybe the belt should provide a CON bonus by default.
DEX builds could still enchant it with their primary stat via the rune, and other characters with the stat they need most.
Then you'd have almost every character wearing it despite the fact it's clearly supposed to fit a particular idiom.

the grim yeeter

Post by the grim yeeter » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:22 pm

Might-N-Magic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:11 pm
Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 am
Then you'd have almost every character wearing it despite the fact it's clearly supposed to fit a particular idiom.
Ehh, not really. It's really not that great of an item, be it with a +1 CON or a +1 DEX bonus.
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Pretty good item. +4 bonus. 2 main stats + slapping on a masterwork for whatever you want.