Sanctified Plate

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Flower Power

Sanctified Plate

Post by Flower Power » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:52 pm

I was pretty excited to see special Divine Champion armor added in, but it's kind of, uhh. Weird.

- Sanctified Plate is the only new +4 FP that requires Mithril Dust; it requires not just one, but two mithril dust, making it exceptionally expensive in comparison to all of the other new armors.

- It grants +4 Leadership which isn't a Divine Champion class skill. Plus, even if it was, Divine Champion is a 2 Points/lvl class, meaning every functional DC build is picking up Discipline and Lore - not Leadership.

- It gets 3/day Aid and 1/day Raise Dead, which is - okay? I'm not sure that 2 mithril dust is really worth a situational short duration +1 AB that I have to spend a round activating. Raise Dead is a decent QoL add-on.

- Unlike all the other new +4 FP, it isn't Runic, and doesn't grant increased Damage Immunity.

The result is a suit of armor that costs hand over fist more to produce than all the other new armors, is less protective than all the other new armors, is less customizable than all the other new armors, and grants you a few other extra bonuses that aren't really all that applicable to your skillset.

Perhaps we could revisit and retune this one, or at least make it not cost two mithril dust if it isn't going to be retuned?

I'd recommend dropping the spells/day and the +4 Leadership in favor of the 10/5/5 DI spread that all the other new armor has and then either a rune or +2 CHA.
what would fred rogers do?

garrbear758

Re: Sanctified Plate

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:55 am

Please keep posts about the new armors to viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31874&start=25 to make it easier for us to follow feedback. Thanks!
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

Flower Power

Re: Sanctified Plate

Post by Flower Power » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:13 am

Moved it on over. You can delete this thread if you'd like.
what would fred rogers do?