Cordor Museum Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Baron Saturday

Cordor Museum Feedback

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Having spent a considerable amount of time mucking about in the Cordor museum lately, wanted to offer some (rather belated!) feedback on the area.

1) Closing time. The museum closes at "dusk." This is mechanically scripted, with a message going out to all PCs in the building and all NPCs exiting, but not mechanically enforced. Players are not ported out of the building, the doors do not lock, and the guards all leave too, meaning that there's literally no reason for people not to come in and steal. As someone rping a museum curator, this is obviously a point of concern!

2) Featureless exhibits. There's a number of exhibits that seem designed to take up space. It would be lovely if more of the fixed exhibits had actual descriptions, though I recognize that this involves a lot of typing.

3) Fixture limit. For an area that seems to invite players to add fixtures to record history, a fixture limit of 80 seems on the low side.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

neverwinternightly

Re: Cordor Museum Feedback

Post by neverwinternightly » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:43 pm

Will jump into this as another one of the curators there!

1) With the closing time stuff, I can understand why it is not mechanically enforced because it could be jarring if closing time strikes out of nowhere. I do think that a guard or two should probably remain posted at night? I've spoken to PCs around Cordor who are similarly confused by the fact they only have guards posted inside during the day. I think a simple change there could help (even if just a bit) deter theft.

2) Not really much to speak on this. I definitely think some of those exhibits are visually interesting! It is weird to give a tour and have people go "what's this glowing ball thing?" and only be able to say "I have no clue! It sure is pretty :) "

3) This seems like a straightforward change to me that would be welcome. It is nice that the art gallery and the museum floor have separate fixture limits, but I agree that design space feels a bit limited by the 80 fixture limit (on the ground level at least). There is a struggle between wanting to make some fancy, eight fixture exhibit and not wanting to push too close to the current cap.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 am

Neat, sure, always cool seeing the Museum get used. Modest content and QoL update out next reset or maybe the one after that.

Done.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:10 am

Love ya Bat!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:49 pm

As a former Curator this news warms my heart! Thank you so much for the changes and a special thank you to those who carried on the up keep of the museum upon Adelyns removal. You all rock!

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm

Super stoked about this - especially the quarter! No more lugging stuff to and from the Lotus vaults. Few minor bits of feedback:

- The "Drink" invisible placable has gotten detached from the actual drinking fountain.
- If the "Galverson's Outhouse" exhibit moved to the alcove just north of the Yuan-ti Thrones, and "Arrow of Deb'reth Mel'for" moved to the Knights of Cordor alcove, that would put all the Cordor-related exhibits in one place, which would be kinda neat.
- The guard that stands at the left (northern) doorway to the Exhibition Hall gets jerked around whenever someone enters/exits the storage room.
- The new quarter's rooms are pretty dark, especially the office.

neverwinternightly

Post by neverwinternightly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:45 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm
Super stoked about this - especially the quarter! No more lugging stuff to and from the Lotus vaults.
So much this! It's amazing. The dragon is super cool too!

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm

I made a visit on an alt and agree. The changes look great! Floor is alot cleaner, with more room for player exhibits. The added office was a nice bonus as well.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Because there's ALWAYS something: The Sentate Codex could also stand to be move over to the Cordor area, though I don't have any good ideas as to exactly where. Same alcove as the Dark Agencies Act, maybe?