Time change - Godsaves and Elections

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Diegovog

Time change - Godsaves and Elections

Post by Diegovog » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:37 am

With the time change it seems we also had an increase of cooldown on the following:
Elections.
Godsaves.
Shops.
Quarters.

3.2 IRL months on an election means that a settlement enjoyment can be severely damaged with these extended periods of rulership. It can also stale things.

Quarter owning and property bidding can also become a problem as it will be much much easier to hoard without it seeing any proper RP use of it.

But the godsaves timer going to something like 8 hours? Ouch. It means on dweomercrafting I can probably get one godsave a day, two if I'm lucky. :(

Personally I'd like to see the old timer tied to IRL rather to the new in game time. I'd like to hear other people's opinion of it.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Time change - Godsaves and Elections

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:47 am

Um... Time hasn't changed yet.

EDIT: And even if it had changed yet (which again, it hasn't), literally all of those systems will remain almost, if not exactly as-is in real time. Can people please wait until I actually explain how things will work before catastrophizing, please and thank you?

Done.