The Magpie Theatre

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dramaturge

The Magpie Theatre

Post by Dramaturge » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Hello! First of all, I'd like to say that Guldorand looks awesome and I am really excited for the Magpie Theatre -- it looks great and reminds me a lot of the Globe in its design. I know that I'll probably be doing a lot with the place on a future character.

However, I would like for there to be a way to clear out the burlesque dancers if need be, much in the same way that you can get the dancer in the Fool's Clover to get off the stage. It is my understanding that they're only performing at night, but my worry is that I set the date and time for the show, get everyone together, only to find that it's night and the stage is occupied.

I like the fact that the dancers are there and definitely establishes the fact that this is a place for more low-brow entertainments, but it would be helpful for those who like playing these sorts of characters if something like what I've described were in place.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Vierna Xun'viir - The Dreaded Dramaturge (Closed)
Dr. Lydia Farrow - The Alienist

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: The Magpie Theatre

Post by R0GUE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:03 am

Dramaturge wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:13 pm
Hello! First of all, I'd like to say that Guldorand looks awesome and I am really excited for the Magpie Theatre -- it looks great and reminds me a lot of the Globe in its design. I know that I'll probably be doing a lot with the place on a future character.

However, I would like for there to be a way to clear out the burlesque dancers if need be, much in the same way that you can get the dancer in the Fool's Clover to get off the stage. It is my understanding that they're only performing at night, but my worry is that I set the date and time for the show, get everyone together, only to find that it's night and the stage is occupied.

I like the fact that the dancers are there and definitely establishes the fact that this is a place for more low-brow entertainments, but it would be helpful for those who like playing these sorts of characters if something like what I've described were in place.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
We were able to get around it by asking a DM to clear the stage, but there might be times a DM isn't available, so I'll second this.

Also, I feel like there needs to be some seating, it seemed a little awkward to have the crowd standing through the entire performance. May be as intended though, for historical realism I guess.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Sun May 02, 2021 4:20 pm

Any chance of the dancers being removed by players somehow?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun May 02, 2021 8:23 pm

I believe the dancers leave the stage at... night? Or maybe during the day? One or the two. That's what the dialogue suggests anyway.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Rasha

Post by Rasha » Mon May 03, 2021 3:31 am

The Magpie Theater, in Guldorand Cityport, would make a great venue for public events, however the NPCs often take up the stage, and players have no option to send them offstage.

A number of folks would love to utilize this great facility!

Thanks!

-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Rasper - Shelf
Vesra Maa've - Shelf
Tessa O'Shea - Active
Ravenna - Shelf

Sazal' Dro'Vaalvaz
Wilhelmina Vehk "Billy"
Asrynda Maethe Caesonia "Mae"
Moray Evermoore

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 am

The NPC players populate the theatre only at night. The best way to remove them entirely for a player performance is to contact DMs via DM channel in game.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 am

It would be great if there were some NPC you could talk to in order to "clear the stage".

Trying to plan times for events is already hard enough without having to take the day/night cycle into account. Having to wait around awkwardly for them to clear out, or having your own event interrupted by them filing in is pretty awkward, and it's really the kind of event that players should be able to execute entirely without DM involvement.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 am

Only takes a moment for a DM to remove the NPCs, and once removed, either from backstage or the theatre, they wont return, even at day/night cycle.

We have 24 hour DM coverage right now, so I'd rather not script a fix for a problem until it becomes an actual issue, I also just don't want people clearing the NPCs for no reason.