Poorly Placed Built-in Fixture

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Blood on my Lips

Poorly Placed Built-in Fixture

Post by Blood on my Lips » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:39 am

Is there any chance these mirrors can be removed from Cordor (The Walled City) Lumi Lane (House 1)?
They are poorly placed overlapping with the couches, and they are no longer necessary since your clothing can be changed both by using the rest menu and the radial menus. It just looks silly.

Thanks!

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Poorly Placed Built-in Fixture

Post by Anatida » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:44 am

Done.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Inordinate
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Inordinate » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am

I hate to co-opt this thread, but what would the possibility be of just removing them all outright module(s)-wide?
If need there comes to shelter my ship on the flood;
The wind I calm upon the waves, and the sea I put to sleep

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:17 am

I like mirrors when trying to adjust hood colour, sometimes the radial menu option and the rest menu option do not work well with hoods. I agree, maybe remove them from player quarters, but leave them at inn rooms.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am

Some QoL changes are great, but on this one (accessing clothing customisation) I really was not on board with, and still dislike.

I'd have much preferred all functions, other than helmet/backpack/hood on/off/save & load outfit, remained on mirrors (though all done via one mirror).

It's kind of like adding all dweamorcraft options to every work station, sure we could put almost everything as menu options (merchants/storage/brokerage/settlement info), but it just leans into our being primarily action/social - I like the world having features to interact with, and would prefer not to encounter people standing in the middle of the street toggling appearance options.

Stuff like this though, once introduced, is really hard to remove without upsetting people, in what can easily be seen as a puritan, retrograde step.

So, I won't remove the prismatic mirrors from the entire module, i rather like them (nor will I remove the rest menu versions)

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:29 am

I cant imagine anyone would object to removing the mirrors in benwick. Then again, devils are known for being very fashion conscious.