Arenas Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Diegovog

Arenas Feedback

Post by Diegovog » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:16 am

I'd like to give some feedback on Andunor, Soulhaven, Guldorand and Dis arenas.

Devil's Table Coliseum: It's generally pretty good. I like the barricades, I also like that it's not symmetrical, plenty of space to spectate, but my biggest gripe is the lack of LoS from the pillars. For a place full of thieving, murdering folk you'd imagine it would cater or at least be balanced to allow stealthers.

Soulhaven: Fantastic arena aesthetics! It has a pretty cool design, allows for some corner sneaking, there's even a little archer/caster stand. I just believe the arena would benefit from no script. Sometimes I wish I could go inside just to test some spells, but the script doesn't allow me unless there's another person going in. Also, I understand it's not the purpose of the arena to be a crowded one to host competitions, but seeing how the arena is barely ever used, perhaps being more friendly to spectators would also help. Maybe decrease the gap between audience and the arena and allowing people to go all around it.

Guldorand's brawling pit: This is an interesting one. I like it from a storytelling and lore point of view, it gives the whole docks area character and makes the environment richer. But unfortunately, it's not very useful. Because of the scripts you can't even go have your friendly brawl with a friend. And when I tried to use it to fight the NPCs it was a bit confusing and after getting used to and waiting for the timers I still couldn't get the fight started.

Dis: Pretty cool design, the area is as a whole, fantastic. I would simply make it a bit more spectator friendly and perhaps add a barricade or two inside to allow some maneuvering and positioning.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Arenas Feedback

Post by Kuma » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:56 am

I'm not a fan of the Table colosseum due to how freakin huge it is. Even /s doesn't carry the whole span of the place, so commentary is lost, and LoS is definitely lost.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)