Guldorand (Fortress City) Townhouse Fixture Limit

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

ElvenEdibles

Guldorand (Fortress City) Townhouse Fixture Limit

Post by ElvenEdibles » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:49 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this has been asked or not, but can the fixture limit for this area be raised? I'm not sure exactly how many homes it fits but it is looking like there is 4 or 5 total? Either way, I have only 9 fixtures in my home and can only fit 11 more before the area hits maximum fixture limit. I'm not saying anyone else is hogging space, I think 240 fixture limit is a very low amount to serve four-houses houses that are large and multi-floor. Mine has three floors, for example. 20ish fixtures to spread between them is not enough.

Thanks for reading!

ElvenEdibles

Re: Guldorand (Fortress City) Townhouse Fixture Limit

Post by ElvenEdibles » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 pm

I'm bumping this because I just found out that the area is actually six townhouses. Each one is three floors. They're not small floors either. If each house divided it equally that's about 40 fixtures. But they are NOT divided equally in practice, most people don't realize how many fixture's they're using and sometimes they don't even know there's a count for the area that they can check. I really think this is way too low and could do with being raised by 20 - 40 fixtures.

There also isn't anyway to deal with this IC because the interior area's do not follow any sort of spatial continuity with the exterior area's.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 am

Can you confirm the name of this area? Because Guldorand (Fortress City) Town House has only 3 quarters, and Guldorand (City Port) Townhouse has 4.

The standard fixture limit for normal houses is 60, so 240 overall for a map containing four houses is in line with that.

I can possibly raise it a little, but there is an upper limit per area, just shy of 300.

ElvenEdibles

Post by ElvenEdibles » Sat May 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Irongron wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 am
Can you confirm the name of this area? Because Guldorand (Fortress City) Town House has only 3 quarters, and Guldorand (City Port) Townhouse has 4.
Hey that's my bad. It's City Port Townhouse. If there's for sure only 4 then the area limit is fine, I probably need to refer it to the DMs instead.