Cavalier Class and Goblin Worg Riders

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Seekeepeek

Cavalier Class and Goblin Worg Riders

Post by Seekeepeek » Thu May 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Hey

If there is any plans to add Mount in the underdark, would it be possible to hook the Goblin race up on the Cavalier Class?
Worg riders are pretty cool.

Waldo52

Re: Cavalier Class and Goblin Worg Riders

Post by Waldo52 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Seekeepeek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:45 pm
Hey

If there is any plans to add Mount in the underdark, would it be possible to hook the Goblin race up on the Cavalier Class?
Worg riders are pretty cool.

+1

Sick idea.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 pm

While this would be great, the pictured model is a single creature, and not a true mount, for instance one cannot change the visible weapon.

To create custom dynamic mounts, be it works, spiders or wyverns would be an extremely demanding project, requiring both artists and animators. I'm not sure we currently have the skills on the team to manage it.

Red_Wharf

Post by Red_Wharf » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 pm

Irongron wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 pm
While this would be great, the pictured model is a single creature, and not a true mount, for instance one cannot change the visible weapon.
While not very elegant, what if Goblins with Cavalier levels had a "shapeshift" button that turns their model into the one pictured above with the Worg riding? Again, it would not be very elegant, but if you want to hear my opinion, I would not mind being unable to change the equipped weapon. Dynamic models are of course better, but personally? I would not mind the restrictions.

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:55 pm

It's not just about your perspective. Hiding stuff from other folk should be a big no no, in my own opinion. A weapon can be used as distinguishing mark when description needs to be given, and how could one tell if you're on a lance, or blade, or axe, or anything else?

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Honestly, if you want to see how cheesy this can get, go into the bramble woods and cast sleep on one of the warg riders. Then wake them up. They end up floating up above the warg like they are flying. As an NPC, you kill them and get over it, but on a player character, this can get real buggy real fast and be pretty immersion breaking if they, say, tried to emote something using the emote menu.