Guldorand Quarter Fixture Limit Increase

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Guldorand Quarter Fixture Limit Increase

Post by Aradin » Wed May 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi, I was recommended by DMs to make a thread here to request a fixture limit increase for my quarter in Guldorand. It's the one just beside the Cordorian Embassy labelled "Aung-K'yi Estate", at the moment owned by my character Sai. The limit of 60 doesn't quite cut it for the size of the space, not with all the fun interior design I'd like to do! Upping it to 90-100 (or 120 if you'll really let me be greedy with fixtures & design) would be terrific if possible. Cheers.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Kessarin

Re: Guldorand Quarter Fixture Limit Increase

Post by Kessarin » Wed May 19, 2021 9:31 pm

(I really hope you don't mind me piggy-backing off your thread!) :)

I had been wondering if such a thing was possible for my Guldorand quarter as well - the Emporium space is two levels and rather sizeable, and only has a 60 item limit. I can either make my shop area look nice and sacrifice the living space, do the opposite, or - what I'm currently doing - an odd mesh of both that looks way too sparse for the size of the place.

And while I'm here, can the outdoor window shutter to the Emporium be set as Unlocked by default? It "requires a specific key" that no one possesses, and I'd love to be able to have the window opened / closed as a signal that the café is opened / closed.
Come visit the Carmichael Corner Café - located in the corner of Guldorand's town square near the Counting House and Speedy Messenger Service.

• new menu items featured every IG month!
• social opportunities - see and be seen!

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Fri May 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Bumping this as I'm hoping to get a response. A no is fine if it's not happening, just want to know for certain! :)

Curve

Post by Curve » Fri May 28, 2021 3:52 pm

I doubt that your quarter's fixture limit is as important to others as it is to you. Since you have not gotten a response so far I would go on the assumption that it is a 'no' if that calms your mind about it. If you want a more real answer I would say that your feedback seems reasonable, if more of a personal request than anything, but your quarter's fixture limit is probably not the first thing that a team member thinks of when logging on. Maybe someone will do it when they have the time.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri May 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Curve wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:52 pm
I doubt that your quarter's fixture limit is as important to others as it is to you. Since you have not gotten a response so far I would go on the assumption that it is a 'no' if that calms your mind about it. If you want a more real answer I would say that your feedback seems reasonable, if more of a personal request than anything, but your quarter's fixture limit is probably not the first thing that a team member thinks of when logging on. Maybe someone will do it when they have the time.
This is pretty much it. The default Arelith limit for single quarters is 60, with more for multi quarter areas and guildhouses. We must have several dozen areas with the 60 limit. I'm not wholly against increasing the limit if the quarter is large enough, but it is not the work of a moment (load toolset, locate and load area, change variable, save area, extract areas, upload to Arelith repo and send the module live - even a minor change can take a good 10-15 mins).

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Fri May 28, 2021 4:17 pm

All good. Thanks for the response!

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri May 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Aradin wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:17 pm
All good. Thanks for the response!
I actually started trying to increase your limit a few days back, but your description doesn't help me much locate it in toolset. A lot of houses have the same name, and I can't see at a glance where it connects to.

Screenshot of interior would likely help.

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Fri May 28, 2021 5:09 pm

Ah, my bad. I assumed that player-entered information would be accessible, I guess not.

I've never been able to figure out how to upload photos onto this forum so here's an off-site pair of screenshots.
First floor: https://ibb.co/khTvjgS
Second floor: https://ibb.co/ZJBd24m

As you both said, I know there are a million other things with a higher priority than an individual request. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Since I was already taking screenshots, here's Kessarin's quarter interior, as per her post above if you feel that merits a look.
Cafe: https://ibb.co/mXmzg9T

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Fri May 28, 2021 5:31 pm

I am extremely fond of the Emporium interior. Last time I looked they'd done a great job with decoration too.

-stick-
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by -stick- » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:42 am

I have a similar problem with a house I recently purchased.

It has a shared fixture limit of 140 with more houses on the same map and the limit is already met so I can't add any of my own 😭

This is the maps name :
Underdark (Andunor) Greyport (House)

I hope that something can be done to help me out.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 pm

-stick- wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:42 am
I have a similar problem with a house I recently purchased.

It has a shared fixture limit of 140 with more houses on the same map and the limit is already met so I can't add any of my own 😭

This is the maps name :
Underdark (Andunor) Greyport (House)

I hope that something can be done to help me out.
I'm currently working on a big Greyport update, so will keep this in mind.

Gideon DeVay
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Gideon DeVay » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Certainly not to be a bother, but just to confirm as the subsequent holder of this awesome quarter--the fixture limit does seem significantly too small for the size of it.
"Yog don't think Beat Up Guy know how dogman work."

Evelynn Longbrooke-rolled uncermoniously
Drakas Austraxas, The Quiet Fury