The removal of Ghostly Visage from Faelock.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Hinty

The removal of Ghostly Visage from Faelock.

Post by Hinty » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:52 pm

I understand that it was removed because Shadow Conjuration grants the spell. However, Shadow Conjuration is not unlocked until level 28, at which point, is it even worth using the spell? You'll almost certainly have some other more effective source of damage reduction, you can perma cast displacement so 10% concealment isn't much value, the only thing you gain is immunity to level 1 spells, which, at level 28 aren't exactly super dangerous now (Magic Missile spam aside which... shield potion?)

By level 12 or so, I often found I was only using it when fighting against multiple NPCs that could cast Magic Missile, and even then only if I didn't have a shield potion on hand. Ghostly Visage is very useful to low level characters, or ones who haven't saved up for an adamantine bracer yet, so moving it from level 9 to 28 is basically the same as removing it. (Which would not be a massive loss, but still it does occasionally come in useful to a new Feylock.)