hobo goblins

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

hobo goblins

Post by Heroic Spirit » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:25 pm

them boys look hurt af, no cap 100

i like hobgoblins but man, i cant walk around hunched over wearing rags
i thought the update was gonna fix the walk too, but they still got that mj stride.

im tryna make a murda band, not moon walk my way to the fugue

On a serious note, the following links are hobgoblin phenotypes that allow customization.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... -pack-type
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ack-type-b

lets make these boys respectable.

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: hobo goblins

Post by Heroic Spirit » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pm

murda band right here

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:50 pm

:pray: please, IG!

Red_Wharf

Post by Red_Wharf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Ork wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Papi J

Post by Papi J » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:10 pm

Red_Wharf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:01 pm
Ork wrote:
Red_Wharf wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:19 am
satan wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:16 pm
Lose. The word you are looking fore is lose.

Loose is the opposite of tight.
For. The word you are looking for is "for.”

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:31 pm

I could get behind this.

This would also deal with the current and quite substantial problem, that is the inability to ascertain which buffs the hobgoblin has. I'm looking at you Mind Blank / Clarity / Ultravision / See Invisibility / etc.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Color me a supporter of this idea.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33383

But, you know, Im cheap. I'd even take back old hobos over current.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 pm

Ork wrote:
what would fred rogers do?

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm

I really really really freaking like these. I wouldn't be the decision-maker on these guys but I was excited enough to load them up and do some testing on them alongside our haks. Basically, they do let us play dress-up with our hobs with a unique model that doesn't give them a shared silhouette with half-orcs or humans (which is all great), but there's a major caveat: not only can they not use any of our new hak torso models or robe models, they also can't even wear outfits with vanilla robes. That means every time a hob acquires an outfit, it has to be stripped of its robe parts and its torso reset to to a non-hak torso (ditto any future new hak parts). Adding support for hobs would be a huge lift.

(I also haven't done any animation testing, so maybe they all work and maybe some don't.) So it's feasible... but with a lot going against it, sadly.

Done.

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:12 am

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm
I really really really freaking like these. I wouldn't be the decision-maker on these guys but I was excited enough to load them up and do some testing on them alongside our haks. Basically, they do let us play dress-up with our hobs with a unique model that doesn't give them a shared silhouette with half-orcs or humans (which is all great), but there's a major caveat: not only can they not use any of our new hak torso models or robe models, they also can't even wear outfits with vanilla robes. That means every time a hob acquires an outfit, it has to be stripped of its robe parts and its torso reset to to a non-hak torso (ditto any future new hak parts). Adding support for hobs would be a huge lift.

(I also haven't done any animation testing, so maybe they all work and maybe some don't.) So it's feasible... but with a lot going against it, sadly.
I'm pretty sure that most players would still feel that being limited to only robeless vanilla armor parts would still be a massive aesthetic upgrade for hobo goblins; I, personally, think that the vanilla armor options are hand over fist still the best armor options in the game, even with the addition of CEP/KotOR/Fable assets. You can do a ton with them, with per-part coloring.
what would fred rogers do?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:21 am

Ork wrote:

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Eira » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:32 am

Ork wrote:

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:02 am

I really do like these, and had not seen them before. It's the fact, as Bat mentions above, that they have their own body shape which most appeals to me.

There are a few things to overcome though, when selecting invalid models I don't want them to have invisible body parts, we will also likely need the art team to make one helmed head version, given they can't wear helmets. I've also asked the art team to look at the possibility of adding a few of the samuri-esque custom robes for them - this may not be possible, but I'd really like them to have those possibilities.

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Irongron wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:02 am
I really do like these, and had not seen them before. It's the fact, as Bat mentions above, that they have their own body shape which most appeals to me.

There are a few things to overcome though, when selecting invalid models I don't want them to have invisible body parts, we will also likely need the art team to make one helmed head version, given they can't wear helmets. I've also asked the art team to look at the possibility of adding a few of the samuri-esque custom robes for them - this may not be possible, but I'd really like them to have those possibilities.
If possible, could we get some other variant armors as well? Such as Roman inspired armor if its possible? Though, I am happy that we are considering these models! Will make it so more people consider hobgoblins. (And a hooded option for their head would be nice too.)

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Heroic Spirit » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm

to follow up on this, is it possible to remove the heads and attach it to another model’s body (ie half orcs) and then given a slight reduction in overall size?

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Heroic Spirit wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm

to follow up on this, is it possible to remove the heads and attach it to another model’s body (ie half orcs) and then given a slight reduction in overall size?
Sure it's possible, but Gron's big interest in this hak is the custom bodies. Hobgoblin heads attached to half-orcs frames were considered a couple years ago but axed because that misses the whole Point: giving hobgoblins unique body models that makes them distinguishable from half-orcs or humans. It's the same reasoning why we don't use the dynamic kobold models out there, since it's just a halfling model with different feet, hands, and heads stuck onto them.

This is actively being was being looked at, anyways.
Last edited by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia on Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Done.

Skane

Post by Skane » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:27 am

Honestly having the ability to do aesthetic customization is a huge draw to a race for me. I think customizable hobbos will bring in alot of fresh RP if the team can manage it.
Gods can we just remove magic already?