Minor Grotto Improvements

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

RollerToaster

Minor Grotto Improvements

Post by RollerToaster » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 pm

Hey there, been back playing in the Grotto again recently and I've noticed a few things that could do with perhaps being looked at.

Lack of Sacrificial Altar:

Biggest issue is that the Grotto has no Sacrificial Altar for reviving dead players. Checked both the Upper Grotto and the Svirfneblin Village and neither of them have one. Which means you have to venture out into the UD or jump through server transition hoops to the Altar in Brog.
If we could have at least one Sacrificial Altar somewhere in the Grotto/Village, either dedicated to Garl or Callduran it would make resurrecting less of a headache.
The Gnomes keep blocking things:

Several of the Grotto Gnome NPC like to wander around which is fine. Apart from three specific Gnomes who like to block certain facilities. Which I've illustrated here https://imgur.com/a/G7PCqob

Gnome 1 generally just stands blocking the shop here constantly. On the rare occasion he does move its to block the signpost of the shop.

Gnome 2 is only a minor problem. He tends to stand infront of the shop or invite himself into the nearby hut.

Gnome 3 is really really thirsty. She spends her nearly all of her time blocking the fountain here. If she does decide her thirst has been quenched she'll wander over to the Source Portal and sit on it for awhile.
Not sure how these wandering NPC are programmed but if their 'roaming areas' could be tweeked so they no longer block useful areas of the Grotto that would be great thanks.

I know the Dev Team is always hard at work and I appreciate all that they do for the server. Just hope this can be added to the todo list. :D

TooManyPotatoes

Re: Minor Grotto Improvements

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 pm

Gnome 1 is OBSESSED with that shop.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:29 pm

TooManyPotatoes wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Gnome 1 is OBSESSED with that shop.
Oh man, that should honestly almost go straight to the bug section. It is really frustrating trying to access the shop.

Otherwise consider this a big +1. Given how many low level earthkin level around the Grotto in areas considered UD, an altar would be huge for bringing them back and not dealing with server transitions.

RollerToaster

Post by RollerToaster » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:34 pm

I've another improvement we could do with having.

Restricted Community Storage Access

Currently all three of the Grotto's Community chests are accessible to ANYONE who wanders down into the Grotto. These means they are constantly emptied by new characters who take EVERYTHING to just sell all of it for some quick gold. Which is annoying when myself and other players have taken time to gather materials/items for the Grotto Communities use, and find someones fresh Halfling/Dwarf has cleaned it out with virtually zero interaction possible.
Would it be possible to have at least one of the three chests be set up in a way that means only Gnomes have easy access to it. Perhaps one could be behind a locked door that requires an NPC to open like the ones at the Lift. I know this still means a Gnome PC can still steal everything, but at least it drastically lowers the number of suspects and means we have an NPC to question. Also it wouldn't feel so bad knowing it at least helped a Gnome player.