Thread For Mentioning Writs That (May) Need Re-Tuning

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Thread For Mentioning Writs That (May) Need Re-Tuning

Post by Svrtr » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 am

I will pre-emptively make this thread so people can post here what writs they feel need to be looked at, either for balance (in general or because of certain playstyles such as struggling mundanes), broken parts, puzzles that need more clarification, etc.

The first ones of course to mention are the seeming impossibility of the haunted falls lever puzzle with the tombs. (Cheers Bat! Love you)

Another one I would ask be looked at is the stone golem writ in the UD, who have (if I recall correctly) about 20/- or more DR and about 40 AB, meaning it is awful to near impossible to do on non WM builds because of the inability to survive their attacks and inability to damage them.

Note: I sincerely mean it when I say this is meant to be used as feedback for future reference, and so I sincerely hope it does not come off as being passive aggressive

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Thread For Mentioning Writs That (May) Need Re-Tuning

Post by Kuma » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:09 am

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

mourisson1

Post by mourisson1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:11 am

Svrtr wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 am

Another one I would ask be looked at is the stone golem writ in the UD, who have (if I recall correctly) about 20/- or more DR and about 40 AB, meaning it is awful to near impossible to do on non WM builds because of the inability to survive their attacks and inability to damage them.
Out of interest, how does being WM help you with a stone golem that is crit immune?
Lothias Mour'rek - Gone. Or is he?
Locika Querrestalo - For holy light

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:17 am

mourisson1 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:11 am
Svrtr wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 am

Out of interest, how does being WM help you with a stone golem that is crit immune?
You make a good point. I will entirely admit I forgot they were crit immune as its been a few months since I last did it. More to the point of the pain of doing that writ on mundanes in particular

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:48 pm

The spriggan writ is really, really difficult. Some of it is due to the zone layout- You enter onto a narrow bridge, often directly into spawn. Enemies on the sides are able to see you depending on what the spawn is like. It's very easy to be overwhelmed. And the monsters are fairly difficult.

Could the zone be looked at and changed a bit to be easier to enter, so it's less likely you will get swarmed from enemies on both sides?