Playing on Android (Experiences)

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Playing on Android (Experiences)

Post by Ping14 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:15 pm

i've recently rejoined the server after a 6-7 hiatus and decided, hey, migh aswell give it a go, I have the game on my mobile.
Here's what I've experienced so far:

(My device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and Samsung Note 10+)

1. Skal is fine, works fantastic, the game might have some trouble with larger areas (depending on your device's RAM i think, since no amount of video option changes I made gave FPS improvements)
2. Weave eaters will eat at your FPS. so does multiple AOE spells. Anything that involves multiple flashing lights will cause jitters.
3. Surface is fine, haven't seen much of it anyway, but some areas, especially the bigger ones, you may have to zoom in a little bit to improve FPS
4. Typing is /pain/ in phones, but auto suggest is your friend, enable it.
5. Have a mouse and keyboard ready, difference is light and day. Touching screen is one great perk that I like about it.
6. Cordor will KILL your device, once in city proper, past that fire pit, the FPS will be unbearable, unplayable. I have to brute force it to just get out of there.
7. Play the BETA version of NWN by beamdog, not the standard one. It has more features and more up to date. It also has mouse support which is convenient.
8. Always play in Do not disturb mode, notifications popping up will cause crashes.
9. Sweet spot aspect to ratio atleast on my device is 1:18
10. Dialogue boxes may be buggy, may require several attempts at the NPC or shop to have it show properly.
11. Using numbers to do the dialogue box /CAN/ cause errors, I usually encouter this when accidentally pressing a number not in the selection (IE, keep pressing 8 on bags to empty them), but a reconnect will fix it.
12. Typing too long of a text in chat or description in fixtures can cause glitches. Its a visual glitch, nothing major, again, relogging fixes this. (it causes to display weird letters and unreadable dialogues)
13. When playing, I suggest that you do not open other apps aside from it. Sometimes it can cause you to disconnect.
14. Shadovar trade post is pain, I have to angle my view to the ground just to improve FPS, issue becomes worse when you approach the portal and the shops

The mobile experience has been great, I can now play in places I can only dream of before. (LoL. Bathroom!)

*I will update this thread for any more issues as I play the game