Adventure EXP at character creation

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

AstralUniverse

Adventure EXP at character creation

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:38 pm

This is more of a suggestion, but I'll at least begin with some feedback first.

When starting a new character you start at lvl 3, with 0 adventure exp stored, and I've felt for a while that it incentivizes starting writs and right off the get go, because exploring screens inside a settlement doesnt really live up to much of the adventure exp you want for those fat 100 exp ticks.

Now, I dont speak for others but it really sucks to delve into deep and meaningful and long RP with 0 adventure exp in the bank. I'll do it sometimes, but it stings a bit and especially at lvl 3. And if I'm not alone in this then I think we should do something to relieve the pressure to stack adventure exp and open (more widely) the option to start RPing at lvl 3 in the city and create connections.

I suggest a new character will start with 1000 adventure exp in the bank that represents the speedy deliveries or the long journey to Arelith from god knows where.

[some typos edited]
Last edited by AstralUniverse on Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Archnon

Re: Adventure EXP at character creation

Post by Archnon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 am

I think this is a great idea and I lend my full and worthless support given my station. I almost think you should start with 3000 adventure XP. Then, if you wanted, you could spend your whole first level RP'ing. Just a thought.

I also think this might be an avenue for additional gifts, given the new focus on adventure xp.
Minor Gift - 10,000 starting adventure XP
Normal Gift - 25,000 starting adventure XP
Greater Gift - 50,000 starting adventure XP

I know we are always looking for gifts that foster RP and not mechanics.

Duchess Says

Post by Duchess Says » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:28 am

The ECL gifts are much less valuable now with the new writ system so tacking some adventure XP to them as well would be cool.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:50 am

Archnon wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 am
also think this might be an avenue for additional gifts, given the new focus on adventure xp.
Minor Gift - 10,000 starting adventure XP
Normal Gift - 25,000 starting adventure XP
Greater Gift - 50,000 starting adventure XP

I know we are always looking for gifts that foster RP and not mechanics.
I love it. Maybe not these exact numbers but I love the concept of the idea. ECL reduction is indeed more worthless than ever, as said in the post above.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 am

For those who may have forgotten, -adventure turns on adventure mode and gives you 100% xp bonus to adventure pool while still offering you 50% instant xp from kills. It super handy on a new character so you can get to RP quickly.