Auto Loot (Feedback)

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Baou

Auto Loot (Feedback)

Post by Baou » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 pm

So, I was messing around with the auto loot and overall I think it's a good thing. However, (possibly unpopular opinions, that may border suggestions, but are intended to be feedback) I believe the animal parts (The function that auto loot pelts) should include the meat or have an option for the meat (Yes, I hunt a lot.)

I believe the game would also benefit from an optional generalist auto-loot option. (i.e So, long as you have one item in your inventory and it stacks. you have the option to automatically loot that item repeatedly. So, that when you kill things (and are constantly looking for any stackable item, that does not fall under a category) you don't have to manually click each one, over, and over, and over, and over again.

An example would be something like Orc Teeth, or a variety of other things.

That is my feedback/borderline suggestion, but I believe the meat and the stackable item looting would be a bonus for players overall. Granted I don't know if this is feasible, how hard it may be, but I wanted to give my feedback anyway.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Auto Loot (Feedback)

Post by Skibbles » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:17 am

Baou wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:47 pm
long as you have one item in your inventory and it stacks. you have the option to automatically loot that item repeatedly.
This is a cool idea. I wonder if it is even possible?

I love autoloot so much, as someone in a career with a very high risk factor for carpal tunnel as it is, but I end up with thirty pounds of raw greenstone and malachite so fast I have to regularly micromanage pulling them out of my bag just 8 at a time to bin them.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.