Cordor Naval Barracks Location

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Cordor Naval Barracks Location

Post by Aradin » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:22 pm

The naval barracks is great. I like the area layout and feel. There's just one small problem...

Why is it so far from the docks? Lore-wise it's next to the water, technically, yes. But the nearby ships are NPC ones/background images. To get there from any PC vessel you have to leave the Cordor docks and transition to C&P, then walk through the government district, then leave the city and walk through half of the outskirts. It's an impediment to using it, particularly the prisoner cells. If the navy captures prisoners at sea and takes them back to Cordor, the walk to the naval barracks is twice as long as the walk to the regular barracks, which also has prisoner cells. So why would we ever use ours?

I understand if there's not much to reasonably be done about where the building is, but I thought I'd mention its odd location anyways.

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

ltlukoziuz

Re: Cordor Naval Barracks Location

Post by ltlukoziuz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 am

While there's not much to do with the building, what about extending the dock to have connection on the other way (like Crow's Nest Drydocks have that skiff going to little farmhouse)? Still requires some level work, but hopefully less than moving whole building.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 am

ltlukoziuz wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 am
While there's not much to do with the building, what about extending the dock to have connection on the other way (like Crow's Nest Drydocks have that skiff going to little farmhouse)? Still requires some level work, but hopefully less than moving whole building.
or just add a doorway transition?
Yes I can sign

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 am
or just add a doorway transition?
Unless you include stuff like skiff/mooring point as "doorway transition", it's a bit hard to put a doorway on the dock as it is now because that dock (where Hrafnagar sign is) ends in water in northern side.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier