2 weeks of pure rogue;

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Void

Re: 2 weeks of pure rogue;

Post by Void » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:55 am

Hazard wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:48 am
Void wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:38 am
Hazard wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 am
I wouldn't be opposed to diminishing returns or something similar to slow down leveling for those of us who have a lot of playtime,
You already have diminishing returns. They're built in. Each level takes more xp to reach, and getting xp becomes harder over time, as you move onto more difficult monsters. Those are diminishing returns.
I was responding to ..
Drowboy wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:03 pm
Way less worried about the people with an hour or two here and there to play leveling quickly than I am about people I never see logged off tbh. Diminishing returns for infinite free time might not be a horrible idea, if we're trying to find a middle ground between casuals progressing and neets not dominating regardless.
Well, fair enough. Though this one raises question, whether it is reasonable for the server to control someone else's playtime. I do prefer healthy life/play balance though.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

CNS

Post by CNS » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:23 pm

Honestly not sure why anyone is worrying about how quick people with endless free time go.

They will progress slower per hour played cause it's only 3 writs a day. There is also a maximum cap of power in arelith, level 30 and finishing gear. If someone gets there in a RL fortnight because they played 160 hours in that time or 3 months because they also took that time to play 160 hours what does it matter?

If for some reason other people's speed matters to you, then speeding up the whole process is actually better because then every one hits the cap sooner and reaches an equivalence.

People with more time to apply will progress faster than me. This applies to literally everything in life. This is ok.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:14 pm

I mostly tbh, need a turn off adventure xp or a devil ncp that turnd 10xp into 100gp. The gold grinding really turns me off and without 120 xp ticks my leveling would slow down a fair bit.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:28 pm

You can always choose to not do writs. And adventure only with -adventure mode on, giving you half the XP but rest of it to your adventure XP instead.
Personally. I hate levelling. I've tried several servers where it was slower and more difficult, and it just kills my mood because I like getting new things on my characters and that does not scratch the itch for it.
Arelith very much, is ideal for more 'casual' players such as myself, who just enjoy the RP and enjoy the fact I don't need to spend 10 hours a day grinding to get 1 level. maybe the "Rp starts at 30" mentality is a downside, for sure, but also, you can always choose to start RPing earlier. Just because others do that, you don't need to.
"But Talvi, PvP-" you can most cases avoid PvP pretty well if it is to come to the conflict. Just chill. No-one is forcing you to level fast if you don't want to.
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane