Paladin ReWork Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

AstralUniverse

Re: Paladin ReWork Feedback

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 pm

Quidix wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:32 pm
AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:00 pm
Harper levels only give you Spellbook CL. They dont not scale with your paladin abilities (unless specifically said so). So while you will get bless weapon +5, you will not get your 26th epic oath power spike as 21 pal 5 harper. I havent crunched the exact numbers to tell you which is superior but I know that the 26th level epic oath is a pretty big deal to trade.
This is not true, you do get Epic Oath with 21 paladin / 5 harper priest / 4 X. It is also noted in the wikia and I've tested on PGCC. This was mentioned in the original patch notes when it was released:
Higher tiers of the chosen oath are automatically granted at Paladin levels 16 and 26; Harper Priest and Paragon count towards this level requirement.
Thank you for testing and bringing insight. I was just speaking generally about harper priest, but if specifically for paladin it does scale, then that's good to know.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Paladin ReWork Feedback

Post by Kalopsia » Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 am

Quidix wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 pm
27P/3Bard vs 25P/5HPriest: The harper priest variant is feat neutral (-2+2+1=1 vs 1 from lvl 26) and gains 1CL, but the big difference is that the harper version opens many 4 dip options as it still gets the capstone Epic Oath, which other paladins can't do.

Would you think it is balanced to give Epic Oath at Paladin level 23? That's basically the equivalent to the harper priest situation.
It'd allow for Paladin WMs, which could be quite problematic considering the already high damage output. As long as WM grants such a massive damage boost with 5 to 7 levels, the epic oath perks pretty much have to remain limited to level 26+.