Half Orcs and Orogs Look Weird

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Waldo52

Half Orcs and Orogs Look Weird

Post by Waldo52 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:14 pm

This is not necessarily an Arelith thing, it's a Neverwinter Nights thing. Half Orc and Orog characters look like a novice graphic design student's first attempt at rendering Shrek.

I know the graphics for this game are terribly dated but the other basic races at least look fine for what they are. The orcs' weird blocky top-heavy bulk looks awkward in any costume it's stuffed into.

Have other people gotten the same feeling looking at the playable orc races? I wonder if this is a common feeling and weather anything can be done about it.

Eyeliner

Re: Half Orcs and Orogs Look Weird

Post by Eyeliner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:38 pm

The new half-orc female heads are good. Males are better than they were especially if you want to go real ugly but maybe they could use a few more options. Though honestly picking the right color scheme goes a long way.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:15 pm

Always thought they looked fine.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:58 pm

Saw a female horc dual wielding battleaxes and thought the animations and aesthetic were great.

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:31 am

10/10 would life to see alternate models for half orc

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 am

I mean it's hard to for them to measure up to the godlike aesthetic of gnomes.

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:37 pm

Waldo52 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:14 pm
This is not necessarily an Arelith thing, it's a Neverwinter Nights thing. Half Orc and Orog characters look like a novice graphic design student's first attempt at rendering Shrek.

I know the graphics for this game are terribly dated but the other basic races at least look fine for what they are. The orcs' weird blocky top-heavy bulk looks awkward in any costume it's stuffed into.

Have other people gotten the same feeling looking at the playable orc races? I wonder if this is a common feeling and weather anything can be done about it.
I am not a fan of them, but I find more people like them than dislike them.

Ironically enough, the common criticised gnomes are half the reason i don't like them. Oversized arms