"Suicide Running," Better name please?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Amateur Hour

Re: "Suicide Running," Better name please?

Post by Amateur Hour » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:13 am

My only complaint with the name is that it took me coming here to figure out what "suicide running" actually means.

I keep trying to roll over possibilities in my head..."suicide-by-bystander assassination"? "Tunnel vision assassination"? "Consequence-blind assassination tactics?" There may not be something better, but I figured I might as well try.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:50 am

Kamikaze maybe?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

VibeKings

Post by VibeKings » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:04 am

I find the idea that people are opposed to the term "suicide running" just because it has the word "suicide" in it to be a little ridiculous, bordering on insulting.

Obviously in-game you should not be roleplaying suicide, either directly or by allusion, and I think those who take a significant umbrage with the word being used by the development team know very well the reason why. You also should not be telling people OOC or in tells that you want to hurt yourself. Again, I suspect that the reasons for such a ruling are quite evident.

In the end, neither of these things are very similar at all to the usage of the word by the development team. This too, I suspect, is quite obvious enough; so frankly, to put it kindly, this thread feels a little bit performative to me.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:09 am

If anyone would like to continue this conversation, please send a message to ‘Active DMs’.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.