Glowy Purple Sword!

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Waldo52

Glowy Purple Sword!

Post by Waldo52 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:35 am

Last night I saw a character running around with a purple glowing sword. The thing was so beautiful and exotic!

I'm not sure if this purple glow is a new feature to Arelith, if it's a specific named weapon or if this is some property that can be added to any weapon but whatever it was I'm in love. I'm not a star wars fan but it definitely gave off cool Mace Windu vibes.

Kudos to the dev team if this was something that they added to the core game's graphic art. If this visual effect is in fact gated behind a specific weapon or two I'd love to see more of these items or maybe an essence that adds the visual effect to gear.

I wish I had a screenshot, mind blown.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Glowy Purple Sword!

Post by Skibbles » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:10 am

Long, long ago, in an update far away (I think during Hexblade's initial addition) they added a TON of awesome looking weapon VFX, but almost none of them have been used since then.

I really wish these were more accessible to things like greater magic magic weapon, blade thirst, etc.

I have no idea how to get the purple one, but the blue fire is from the moon domain bless. They really stand out as fresh.

Please let us have these =(
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 am

Waldo52 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:35 am
Last night I saw a character running around with a purple glowing sword. The thing was so beautiful and exotic!

I'm not sure if this purple glow is a new feature to Arelith, if it's a specific named weapon or if this is some property that can be added to any weapon but whatever it was I'm in love. I'm not a star wars fan but it definitely gave off cool Mace Windu vibes.

Kudos to the dev team if this was something that they added to the core game's graphic art. If this visual effect is in fact gated behind a specific weapon or two I'd love to see more of these items or maybe an essence that adds the visual effect to gear.

I wish I had a screenshot, mind blown.
Was it a longsword? I saw a screenshot of a purple longsword.

Drowboy

Post by Drowboy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:06 am

It's anarchic razor
Archnon wrote: I like the idea of slaves and slavery.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 am

Supposedly you can ask dms to grant your weapon one of these new vfx's but you would need to know exactly which one you want cause there are several dozen of them if not more.