[MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Acina

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

Post by Acina » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:48 pm

Location: Guldorand (Fortress City) House ((BESIDE CORDOR EMBASSY))

Current Limit: 60

Favored Limit: 80 (100 would be amazing but I would be so thrilled with 80)

Reasoning: This is the largest property I've ever owned, but it has some flaws. The lighting is awful, and almost ten fixtures are immediately dedicated to lighting downstairs, and at least six would be required upstairs.. The upstairs space is a gigantic auditorium, which I will not be able to properly light. It is almost the size of Guldorand square.

The property is two huge maps, bigger than five or six quarters combined. I am asking for this as the current owner, for 80, so I may properly use the enormous space to host events (and, this space will be public under my ownership, I'd like others to be able to decorate) - but also so that the future owner too doesn't let the enormous space upstairs go to waste because it is so hard to furnish the downstairs alone.

I would be super happy with 80, but 100 would be grand. This is an abnormally large space. I sincerely hope it can be accommodated, for myself and future owners

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 90 on 10/24/23

QueenOfCookies

Post by QueenOfCookies » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:32 am

Requested Limit: 80-100

It's got some decent ground space that I'd love to work more with but the limit is so small. I'd love to get an update to the grove in general, but while working with what I have I'd like to be able to work more with it.

Pretty please!

edit by whitewingeddove: this area has been adjusted already, so marking as done

Asleeponthemoon

Post by Asleeponthemoon » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm

Current Limit: 180

Requested Limit: 200-240

Reasoning: It's not my quarter, but I am helping them decorate. The owner of the quarter I'm decorating has 23 fixtures. With those included, the area is currently at 159 out of 180. I am guessing that the area is shared across 4-6 different houses from the map tab, but I don't know.

200-240 would allow people to decorate their space more freely without risk of deleting someone's stuff.

If it was 240, it would match the current limit in the much smaller area space of Underdark (Andunor) Greyport (Buildings), which is 4 shops and the tiny attached bedrooms + craft rooms.

If it helps, I'd suggest switching them so Greyport (Buildings) is 180 and Greyport (House) is 240. Greyport (Buildings) is at 141/240, and that's including the temporary mess of 24 barrel fixtures in my room. :D

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing the number of quarters and size per area, I've determined that the fixture limit is currently appropriate. Quarters here should have 60 fixtures each

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:44 am

Hello, me again. I realize I'm late to be asking this and a lot has already been done, but I figured I may as well put this here for some consideration in the future and if it gets seen and responded to, even better.

I own the Emma Lane shop in Cordor at the moment and without the placeable furniture it's SO MUCH EASIER to decorate. Thanks for that! However- it has always been pretty spacious especially if you're sharing it with others, and now it's even moreso. Therefore, I'd like to see if someone would consider giving it a little bump. It's probably not Wholly necessary, but I think even by dividing the room up it can be difficult to fill the space provided.

Cordor (The Walled City) Emma Lane (Shop)
(Area ResRef: coremmashop)

Current limit:

Favoured limit:
150 to 180 would be more ideal for the space provided, I think.

Reasoning: Even unfinished, here's what it looks like at 91/100 fixtures. It still has SO MUCH SPACE and I have to be careful that I don't go over. I'm frequently pulling and replacing fixtures to mix and match the decoration of the shopfront as needed, but Even if I filled that, it would still look a little sparse.

p.s.: there's still some baskets in the store front and a decorated nightstand and screen in the back. While I definitely don't mind these little pieces and am glad to work with them, some players might prefer them cleared out to make room for further modifications.

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing the size of the area, I've determined that the fixture limit is currently appropriate

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:10 am

Hello! I would like to request a fixture limit increase for the Manor in the Devil's Table.

Underdark (Andunor) Devil's Table (Manor)

Current limit: 180

Favored Limit: 300-400

I based my proposal for 300-400 based on the following points of reference/observations:

• The Manor in the Underdark (Andunor) Deep Gate (Mansion) is actually smaller than the Devil's Table Manor, yet its main floor has a limit of 260 (already 80 more than the Devil's Table Manor). It additionally has a second floor whose fixture limit is 140, making this mansion's limit a total of 400. The Devil's Table Manor, in contrast, has a limit of less than half of this, even though the Devil's Table manor is actually larger.

• We currently don't have a fixture limit large enough to both decorate the manor and chapel as desired and also allow the occupants to furnish their own rooms.

• We don't have any free fixture space for things such as temporary events that might require some setup (like a party that needs food tables or events that might need extra chairs, etc).

A fixture limit of 400 would bring this manor into parity with Andunor's other manor, but if 400 is too high for one area I would please request 300, as this would massively increase the roleplay potential for this space.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 280 on 10/24/23

Lass is Class

Post by Lass is Class » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:11 pm

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:44 am

Cordor (The Walled City) Emma Lane (Shop)
(Area ResRef: coremmashop)

Current limit:

Favoured limit:
150 to 180 would be more ideal for the space provided, I think.

Seconding this post, very needed. Area free of hard-coded fixture objects is a blessing for decorations, but, makes hitting the fixture limit rather easy. That shop could do much more with limit raised!

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing the size of the area, I've determined that the fixture limit is currently appropriate

Sythaeryn Dawnwing (Shelved) .
Se'Waerriel Ssambra (Rolled).
Landarel Skyseeker (Rolled).
Unnamed human (Active).

Seitera Colds (Main, Active).

Timoteaa

Post by Timoteaa » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:17 pm

Current Limit:

Favoured Limit:
180-240

Reasoning:
The new turf homes are beautiful and huge, and very very empty, it seems unfair for multiple huge homes to share a fixture limit of sixty when there are small homes elsewhere that have that all to themselves.

edit by whitewingeddove: this area has been adjusted already, so marking as done

Helios Rivorndir - Dead before he walked

Grund Steelfist - The Skal Incident. RIP.

Artair Cardhuen - War, War never changes. Got Victory for Snowdown with his death.

Hannati - Active

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:20 pm

May we please raise the fixture limit in the upstairs Cordor Library Quarter aka The Providence Academy? I use the place for faction gatherings and its great for that given the fixtures that Providence originally set up in there, but since my character also has to live there because its not technically a guild-quarter, its just a regular quarter, there's not much space left over for personal items

It is currently at 60. Could we maybe add 10 or 20 more slots please?

I also think it would be really neat if we could turn the quarter into a guildhall, but I won't hold my breath on that one :D

Thanks

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:39 am

Location: Sibayad (Town) Garden of Respite (Clifftop Manzil) Apartments
Current limit: 180
Desired limit: 360
Reason: This area is home to 4 (I think) massive, empty apartments that need quite a lot of fixtures to not look so abandoned and empty. Currently it's sitting at 180/180. Please if possible increase this for us! :)

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 240 on 10/24/23

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:19 am

Current Limit: 120

Favored Limit: 240

Reasoning: Darrowdeep Castle is massive and 120 fixtures would make the Castle look very bare. It is our intention it will be used by many people once up and running and I'd like for people to be able to contribute things. We intend to run at least two factions out of it to begin with. It would be super appreciated to double the fixture limit if possible.

I would also like to ask to have the fixture limit of the outside increased.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 180 on 10/24/23

Favored Limit: 120

Reasoning: There is a lot of space on this map to make some really great sections on the ramparts and in the courtyard as well as just outside of the Castle. 60 limit is really low for such a large space and hope to be able to double that as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 75 on 10/24/23

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Tashalar

Post by Tashalar » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:14 pm

Asleeponthemoon wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm

Current Limit: 180

Requested Limit: 200-240

Reasoning: It's not my quarter, but I am helping them decorate. The owner of the quarter I'm decorating has 23 fixtures. With those included, the area is currently at 159 out of 180. I am guessing that the area is shared across 4-6 different houses from the map tab, but I don't know.

200-240 would allow people to decorate their space more freely without risk of deleting someone's stuff.

If it was 240, it would match the current limit in the much smaller area space of Underdark (Andunor) Greyport (Buildings), which is 4 shops and the tiny attached bedrooms + craft rooms.

If it helps, I'd suggest switching them so Greyport (Buildings) is 180 and Greyport (House) is 240. Greyport (Buildings) is at 141/240, and that's including the temporary mess of 24 barrel fixtures in my room. :D

Second this, as I have one of the House quarters and I've had about 30 fixture budget to play with.

(Also, is there a place that we can recommend doors? The bedrooms in this house in particular don't have doors - none of the rooms have doors or curtains!)

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing the number of quarters and size per area, I've determined that the fixture limit is currently appropriate. Quarters here should have 60 fixtures each

#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?

Aeryeris

Post by Aeryeris » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:26 pm

Current Limit: 100

Requested Limit: 180-200

Reasoning: The space is quite open, encompasses two seperate spaces on the same map, and other ships with similar interiors (Myon's flagship in particular) have far higher limits.

Making it homely while still having space to store the ship's weapons when they are not in use is somewhat tricky with the current limit.

Currently playing: Ginny Fairlen

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:24 am

Requested Limit 80-100.

Reasoning: the area has a lot of legacy "artifact" fixtures, an outdoor area at the Slanty Shanty and a few fixtures in the gardens, around houses and around the light house. All of that stacks up to 60 fixtures very quickly and doesn't allow for people to add some fixtures with flavour.

edit by whitewingeddove: typically settlement-like areas with connecting roads have their fixtures kept low to allow for smooth navigation through the map, but since this area has a few sections attached to private houses that have their own fexture setup, I've increased the limit. Fixture limit increased to 75 on 11/2/23

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:46 pm

Requested Limit - 200-220

So below deck of the Leviathan is a rather LARGE space, counting not only someone's personal quarter and all their items, but a front room area, a brig, a munitions room, a large hall and particularly sizable back room. A while ago, I had DM Vivec come in and retrieve all the fixtures to be dropped into the back room, since the amount of items versus how many I could count didn't add up, and figured there were some hidden or bugged into walls. However, even after he retrieved everything, there were still some 30 fixtures being counted that simply didn't exist. Perhaps the static furniture, I am unsure.
Given the Leviathan is the Flagship of Cordor and has been used fairly consistently by several iterations of the Navy, or allied Cordorian factions, and will continue to serve that purpose, I think more fixture space will allow treasures over the years and over the faction ownerships to not only remain, but be added to by future owners. As well, one could create more spaces for those factions to actually hang out and enjoy the ship beyond it's intended use of sailing.

Thank you in advance!

edit by whitewingeddove: this is strange, as I can't find any fixtures stuck in the walls and there is definitely a discrepancy between the number of fixtures actually in the area vs. the number of fixtures reported to be in the area. For an area this size, I would say 120 is appropriate, but I've bumped it to 140 to make up for the disparity. fixture limit increased to 140 on 10/24/23

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

Lewt

Post by Lewt » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:08 pm

Requested Limit - 160-180

Reasoning - It is a rather large area and I would like to be able to develop it to the extent that it would feel well furnished. A total of five rooms, one being rather large.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request!

• PS - Can the water/food drain while inside be fixed? :)

Last edited by Lewt on Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:28 am

Cthuletta wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:46 pm

Requested Limit - 200-220

So below deck of the Leviathan is a rather LARGE space, counting not only someone's personal quarter and all their items, but a front room area, a brig, a munitions room, a large hall and particularly sizable back room. A while ago, I had DM Vivec come in and retrieve all the fixtures to be dropped into the back room, since the amount of items versus how many I could count didn't add up, and figured there were some hidden or bugged into walls. However, even after he retrieved everything, there were still some 30 fixtures being counted that simply didn't exist. Perhaps the static furniture, I am unsure.
Given the Leviathan is the Flagship of Cordor and has been used fairly consistently by several iterations of the Navy, or allied Cordorian factions, and will continue to serve that purpose, I think more fixture space will allow treasures over the years and over the faction ownerships to not only remain, but be added to by future owners. As well, one could create more spaces for those factions to actually hang out and enjoy the ship beyond it's intended use of sailing.

Thank you in advance!

Not sure if it helps, but spare ship weapons count as fixtures. So if you have a bunch of light ballista and such in the hold, they will count against your fixture limit.

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:25 am

Favored Limit: 180

Reasoning: The current fixture limit of 120 is shared by five (mostly unfurnished) private rooms and a LARGE temple area which includes a holding cell, library/schooling area, burial area, and general-purpose area. This roughly translates to 20 fixtures per area, which is extremely low for zones that require 80% of its furnishings be created and placed by its residents.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cataclysm of Iron

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:58 pm

Fixture Limit: 240

Requested: 300

Reasoning: this is a large hub area with a lot of social roleplay and locations where players like to put decorative elements, helping to orientate people with local affairs/politics and set the tone of Myon and the elven quarter. It also encompasses four large quarters with a lot of open space very much inviting decoration and embellishment with fixtures. I recently acquired a fairly lightly-furnished quarter and since then, the area has shot rapidly towards the limit without me adding anything. 60 per quarter would probably be enough, but the public areas add more pressure - so raising it to 300 allows for all the public/settlement fixtures and still a healthy amount for each quarter.

edit by whitewingeddove: City areas/streets with notable foot traffic are kept low on purpose, and the fixture limit here should be relegated mostly to the four quarters. 240 is an appropriate amount

Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

RibsAndBrisket

Post by RibsAndBrisket » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:19 pm

Current fixture limit: 20

Requested: 40-50-60 ?

Context: There are some closet quarters which have a limit of 60 sometimes 100+ fixtures. For a 'settlement' which 'houses' tens if not hundreds of player, 20 feels a little cramped. It would be nice to be able to revitalize it a bit. Add art, statues, tombstones of fallen players, etc..

edit by whitewingeddove: settlement areas or places with decent foot traffic have their fixture limit low by design. However, with gardens and balconies, I think we can bump the limit a bit here. Fixture limit increased to 35 on 10/24/23

Lewt

Post by Lewt » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:02 am

Requested Limit - 160-180

Reasoning - It is a rather large area and I would like to be able to develop it to the extent that it would feel well furnished. A total of five rooms, one being rather large.

Additional - Food and Water drain being fixed would be amazing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request!

Reikenbach

Post by Reikenbach » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:40 pm

Fixture Limit: 30

Requested: 60

I've been told this map has such a low fixture limit because it's highly detailed, but 30 is abysmal for such a large area that acts as a major settlement. Guldorand is more active these days than it used to be, even if it's not Cordor busy, so I think an increase is merited. We're constantly bumping up against the cap of 30 as is, there's no room for temporary fixture placement without risking destruction should the server have a hiccup.

edit by whitewingeddove: These areas have a very low fixture count by design, and was confirmed by Irongron. City areas/streets with notable foot traffic and NPCs are kept low on purpose, so these areas will remain at 30

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:59 pm

Area ResRef: twf_giguhouse3

Current: 280

Proposed: 360

As it is, this area is home to 8 houses. The 5 half giant and firbolg only houses, the 2 houses next to the jarl's hall, and the jarl's hall. The houses are themselves all quite sizeable as a whole, but thus run into issues often.

Furthermore, I've been told the great tree in myon is too itself home to 8 houses, but also has a 360 fixture limit despite the houses themselves being smaller.

On top, the houses are almost all always full and occupied so it makes it strained.

Cheers

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 320 on 10/24/23[/color

Asleeponthemoon

Post by Asleeponthemoon » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:49 am

Area ResRef: skalvtradepost

Current: 60

Proposed: 120-180

Reasoning: 9 quarters and an expansive first floor for the actual trade hall, which is in itself missing some craft stations (which have been added player-made). A 60 fixture limit severely limits characters from making any sort of decor to be enjoyed during their time in Skal or inherited by future characters. The quarters are on the smaller side, but not nearly as small as the ones (majority?) in the lodge (which I think is 280 limit). Even doubling it would be greatly appreciated.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 100 on 10/24/23

Last edited by Asleeponthemoon on Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddymakaveli

Post by eddymakaveli » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:35 pm

Area ResRef: ir_newnomad

Current: 120

Proposed: 240

Reasoning: The Nomad functions as several things, a guildhouse/home, a place to hold events, as well as a public space with shops that people may seek to decorate with boards and such. I think a limit of 120 is wholly inappropriate and would love to see it doubled even. Not for clutter, but at least for temporarily having fixtures for events and such.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 150 on 10/24/23

ZoroToaster

Post by ZoroToaster » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:27 pm

Area: Guldorand (City Port) Shops

Current: 195

Proposed: 250 or just split up the shops into their own maps if possible.

Reasoning: I have like a dozen fixtures in my own shop but the map shares with 5 other buildings. So I get screwed out of a nice interior while the other shops are fully kit out. I realize this is easier said that done, but this is how it is for most houses. If your neighbor has 180 fixtures you can only put down 15 of your own. I'm not sure how to fix the issue as allowing more fixtures will just get filled up in two seconds, but splitting the shops might cause lag and be more work than it's worth.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 250 on 10/24/23

Amalia
Jester / Dirk Dionaea

Others...