Freedom of Movement Breach List Ranking

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

perseid

Freedom of Movement Breach List Ranking

Post by perseid » Sun May 01, 2022 8:05 am

I play a wizard most often so I might just be overestimating the ease of applying cover buffs but for how significant it is in a fight FoM feels a bit deep in the breach list. Shadow Shield is #5 for example and of the two I'd rather lose Shadow Shield than my FoM usually.

AstralUniverse

Re: Freedom of Movement Breach List Ranking

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun May 01, 2022 9:19 am

Freedom (and Nep, for the matter) are deep on the list simply because the list is more or less sorted by spell level, with some exceptions that are very strong and were moved up for balance reasons. Freedom isnt one of them. Also, if you rather lose your Shadowshield than your FoM, isnt the current situation ideal for you?
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

perseid

Post by perseid » Sun May 01, 2022 9:32 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:19 am
Freedom (and Nep, for the matter) are deep on the list simply because the list is more or less sorted by spell level, with some exceptions that are very strong and were moved up for balance reasons. Freedom isnt one of them. Also, if you rather lose your Shadowshield than your FoM, isnt the current situation ideal for you?
It is more ideal for me this way yes. :p

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun May 01, 2022 3:26 pm

Well... without speculating too much I currently dont see how raising FoM up in the list really changes much except really hurting clerics. Probably best left as is.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

TurningLeaf
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TurningLeaf » Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 am

Freedom is not even on the vanilla nwn breach list, so Arelith has already nerfed it greatly in that context.