Skaljard Mithril Economy

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Scraps

Skaljard Mithril Economy

Post by Scraps » Sun May 22, 2022 10:54 am

With the new update, Dunmarle is closer than ever to Skaljard. Traffic is easier to the castle.

This is good.

However, its had some unintended side effects. The most notable is that Dunmarle has a node that spawns Mithril ore directly outside of it, and this node is now two transitions away from Skaljard village. -With zero monsters or dangers protecting it.

Players are already starting to take notice, the shops in Dunmarle nearly all are stocked with loads of mithril ore. Prices are almost certainly going to get real wonky with this errant node.

Richrd

Re: Skaljard Mithril Economy

Post by Richrd » Sun May 22, 2022 5:03 pm

I remember someone posting recently about how mithril is the worst material due to being too rare for the amount of protection it offers while also being nestled between greensteel and adamantite.

To me this situation here sounds almost like a solution to the aforementioned issue.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sun May 22, 2022 6:47 pm

Leveling is super fast and that will probably not change anytime soon, and it makes gearing kind of wear because there's no point getting lower level stuff when higher level stuff is common.

Maybe instead of slowing leveling we could just make all things rarer again? Less adamantine. Less mithril. Less greensteel. Balance it out so that there's an actual progression system instead of New Character > Steel > Adamantine

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm

It's Skal. All good.

IG shifts resources sometimes because of stuff like this. Just wait for the first or second pvp that happens around that vein or when people take turns mining it as if you need a number roller next to it, then it'll be gone soon after.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Eyeliner

Post by Eyeliner » Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm

Skal is the one place some characters take it slow and even stop leveling altogether so they can stick around without getting an MoD. Certainly not all Skal characters, but some. So if there is ever a market for lower tier items it's there.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 am

Eyeliner wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:12 pm
Skal is the one place some characters take it slow and even stop leveling altogether so they can stick around without getting an MoD. Certainly not all Skal characters, but some. So if there is ever a market for lower tier items it's there.
It's true. My latest cleric is stuck at level 15, ready to be leveled, and has been for a very long time.

The Skal experience, in my personal opinion, is best enjoyed when you take your time forming connections, going on adventures, and building amazing memories that will last a lifetime.

Scraps

Post by Scraps » Mon May 23, 2022 1:45 am

Richrd wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:03 pm
I remember someone posting recently about how mithril is the worst material due to being too rare for the amount of protection it offers while also being nestled between greensteel and adamantite.

To me this situation here sounds almost like a solution to the aforementioned issue.
I don't think Mithril being easier to access than iron on Skaljard is a healthy solution to this.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon May 23, 2022 5:05 pm

So I think that node is a rich vein, which has the possibility of being mithril. It won't always be mithril. The node was also there before we had the boat to dun marle. The caveat is that players can only access the boat if they get the ledger from traveling to dun marle. This will prevent L3 players off the boat hopping over to grab mithril. All and all, it's good to have mithril. Hopefully it lowers the price from 35k to something a lot more reasonable.

Scraps

Post by Scraps » Mon May 23, 2022 8:15 pm

Ork wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:05 pm
So I think that node is a rich vein, which has the possibility of being mithril. It won't always be mithril. The node was also there before we had the boat to dun marle. The caveat is that players can only access the boat if they get the ledger from traveling to dun marle. This will prevent L3 players off the boat hopping over to grab mithril. All and all, it's good to have mithril. Hopefully it lowers the price from 35k to something a lot more reasonable.
Ferry writs are sold in player shops in Skaljard at cost, at 500 gold. Players who have writs can also purchase them for other players at request with ease. Of course, that's in no way a problem with the single exception of this one node.

And you're right, the node was there before the ferry. It was there before Dunmarle Castle even. Its been there since Skaljard was released.

Skaljard is not lacking in Mithril, there are back to back to back nodes all over, several areas have multiple nodes. The amount has only increased with the new mountain areas. There's double nodes stacked on each other out there, not in a dungeon and not past a climb check and that's fine.

If prices on the mainland are high, the solution is not to have a node that's easier to access than Skaljards coal, copper, tin, and iron nodes. Its to add Mithril nodes in the mainland.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Mon May 23, 2022 8:34 pm

Mithril is plentyful and nearly worthless around Arelith.
I seriously doubt that someone would go through the trouble of sailing all the way to Skaljard only to mine some mithril.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Oh no I'm referencing skaljard's price. But it is pretty funny you can SELL LEDGERS! hahaha. I didn't know that.