Relevels are the best!

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hazard

Relevels are the best!

Post by Hazard » Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 am

I really love how relevels are just a thing lately. I know it's temporary, but it's made playing here a lot more fun and a lot less stressful.
There's obviously ways people can abuse this generosity, but from what I've seen very few people do that.

I'd love for relevels to remain permanently as a sort of 'apply for a token on the support website' sort of thing once they eventually stop being offered so freely in-game. Being able to tweak your character to adapt to balance changes is one of the best things that's
ever happened to Arelith.

AstralUniverse

Re: Relevels are the best!

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 am

I just hope we all continue respecting this amazing tool, so we get to keep it.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed May 25, 2022 12:33 pm

I think this has been one of the single best decisions made by the staff to balance the need for change against a respect for player investment.

This policy alone has made a fossil of the 21 page angry balance/change-log rants of forum yesteryear.

So thank you Dev/Dm/Staff Ppl!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Wed May 25, 2022 6:31 pm

Definitely keep it, being able to correct mistakes and experiment to find the best build in the real game and not the PGCC which uses vanilla creature stats and not the custom Arelith ones is a god-send.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Wed May 25, 2022 6:54 pm

I love having re-level as an option for one reason: fixing braindead mistakes while leveling.

Nothing sucks more than to be level 27 and trying to take Auto-Quicken 1 and wondering why you cannot, only to realize that back at level 9 you accidentally took still spell which you did not even want or mean to instead of quicken spell (this actually just happened to me which is why this topic is fresh in my mind).

Or something else like that experience above.

I can understand the staff not wanting people to re-level willy-nilly simply to game the leveling system (like taking feats/skills/classes in low levels to help until you get to epics and then re-level to change your character for max late game power), which is definitely a thing. But even if it was simply a token based off the support system where you could request it and the staff could approve a 1/use re-level token...as long as the possibility of the option remaining, it is GOLD!

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:42 pm

I'm going to publicly shame Irongron about this one. It was originally supposed to only be for a week, then Irongron kept pushing it back because he hadn't releveled his characters yet. A year later and I bet that's still the case, but hopefully it stick around forever as it's been a huge qol improvement.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed May 25, 2022 10:03 pm

garrbear758 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:42 pm
I'm going to publicly shame Irongron about this one. It was originally supposed to only be for a week, then Irongron kept pushing it back because he hadn't releveled his characters yet. A year later and I bet that's still the case, but hopefully it stick around forever as it's been a huge qol improvement.
lol

I bet IG is a monk main.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too