Skaljard Experience Cuts

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

xf1313

Re: Skaljard Experience Cuts

Post by xf1313 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:28 am

Cabarcos wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:35 pm

We all have our own opinions and preferences and what for someone it's right, will not for others.
I think that it should be taken into account that this is an RP server and as in RL, not all the rewards have to be fulfilling, or what you expect or wish.
...I am not sure what is the point you are trying to make here, perhaps it is a neutral statement. But for people who is actually struggling it sounds harsh. I hope a change is made, but it is a wish not demand. Addressing a issue that exists is the point of feedback section.

By the way, the crafting adventure exp is also very sad now, 300-400 something for a gear?
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:31 am

xf1313 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:28 am
By the way, the crafting adventure exp is also very sad now, 300-400 something for a gear?
There has been no change to this.

This is certainly a common issue in game development where players invent non-existent nerfs to complain about. Please stick to actual changes.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:49 am

Xerah wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:31 am
xf1313 wrote:
There has been no change to this.

This is certainly a common issue in game development where players invent non-existent nerfs to complain about. Please stick to actual changes.
That one is to respond to the suggestion of getting exp from crafting, pls to not accuse me for inventing things, I did not.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:52 pm

xf1313 wrote:
Cabarcos wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:35 pm

We all have our own opinions and preferences and what for someone it's right, will not for others.
I think that it should be taken into account that this is an RP server and as in RL, not all the rewards have to be fulfilling, or what you expect or wish.
...I am not sure what is the point you are trying to make here, perhaps it is a neutral statement. But for people who is actually struggling it sounds harsh. I hope a change is made, but it is a wish not demand. Addressing a issue that exists is the point of feedback section.

I'm not trying to be rude, but sometimes I'm, so sorry.
I started to play here several years ago with a character in Skal and there were fewer writs and they provided less XP, and have leveled dozens of characters since then, so probably I'm not very objective about this.

To level up the first levels is hard for new players and can be even for veterans depending on your character and the people around you when you can play (free time, time zone, etc)
It's harder to start in Skal than in Cordor. You are an adventurer in a very harsh environment, so maybe it's not supposed to be easy.

I think we all should try to forget a bit about XP and levels and try to enjoy the journey.
What does your character want to do?
Which are his or her goals?
If you have some crafting abilities you can go to get coal, ore, herbs or what you need, and on the way, you will get XP and usually find people to interact with.
In Skall is harder to join a group or organization because after levels 16-18 people need to leave for the main island.
If you don't know what to do there are usually people that can help with writs or what you need or if you just interact with them will provide you with new RP options.

The writs help to level up, but they are not the only way. Some of them should probably be avoided for RP reasons with some characters.
If you don't find adventures try to create your own ones. They can be easy things like trying to find a new pickaxe. I made a good friend and a partner for new adventures that way.