New and Overtuned

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Security_Blanket

New and Overtuned

Post by Security_Blanket » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:28 pm

I'm noticing this pattern in many of the new areas added, such as the latest update to the swamps. All these places are visually stunning and I'm usually excited to explore them until I noticed that damn near every time, the monsters are too strong. They're just too much, and I don't understand the logic behind it. I imagine you're trying to make things tougher according to class changes, and the new meta, but I think in some cases you guys have gone too far in this regard.

If you wanted people to enjoy your area then why make it so damn hard? You have a boss in the middle of the swamp that casts heal on himself, acid sheath, and storm of vengeance. This is a level 12ish area man, and it's not even in a dungeon, you just walk by him on the road while trying to collect on a measly 2k courier writ. You got goblins with multiple castings of dispel magic and goblin fighters that cast haste on themselves before running at you with 2 handed weapons. This is still a low-level area and it feels like I should now be in my 20s if I roll by there, you'd think 35 AC and 50% conceal would be enough to survive stumbling into that swamp, you'd be mistaken. You're beaten down as though you only had 25 AC and no buffs, even before you're dispelled.

I don't care how pretty everything is, if I'm so concerned about survival then I won't even venture there to experience it, why would I? Why would anyone? Maybe you guys are intentionally making things stronger because of updates to some of the classes, but not everyone is playing a warlock or some other spellcaster. Then the reduction to writ XP hits me doubly hard, I'm supposed to spread my XP gain now through more writs by FORCING me to go to these new areas that I would NEVER venture to otherwise. I look at writs that take me into these new areas and I immediately think it's a suicide mission now, and I'm looking for other options, places I can still circle grind at my level.

If the monsters were not so strong then there wouldn't be an issue. Where's the incentive to not avoid your pretty new areas and circle grind easier areas?

Draco Deleteur
Dreadlord Lucius Blackhand - "All is as Bane wills it."

AstralUniverse

Re: New and Overtuned

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Irongron, imo, has a tendency to release new content overtuned and revisit and tweak it after based on player feedback and stuff like that.

Balancing monsters is actually very hard and tedious when you have all these classes in the game and if I were a monster designer I would be concerned that when they give juicy exp and are effortless to kill, no one would complain about it naturally, and I wouldnt know. So I would rather go safe and design them on the overtuned end rather then accidently make them way too soft.... and then possibly tweak later.

That's my two cents.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:28 pm

I agree with every sentence, the dungeons are getting too big, players are expected to stay much longer in it. The lizardfolk village is a death trap to lv 16s even, mimir seems safer compared to Darkheart Jungle.

I do not see the issue with leaving some of the pre-28 areas relatively ‘easy’, never mind the complains, they can go in solo with no gear to spike up the challenge if they really wanted to. There are fun rp builds with little or no friends who try to get a bit of writ done.

All it does is to encourage power builds, while this is rp server...yes, one can argue, you rp build should just stay in tarven and rp, adventure into fancy new places is not for you. Guess what players would do, they turn back and make a 55ab 68ac powerbuild and never think about non-optimum build ever again.

Another thing I have with the new-ish maps, the ground sometimes gets bumpy, I know this is intended to make things feel real, but I miss the old plain ground that do not interfere with pathfinding.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:34 pm

I feel like there should be some sort of a guideline that they could follow in balancing monsters according to the targeted level. If its a level 12 area, monsters should have no more than "X" AC and "Y" AB, taking into account spells that add AC, AB, APR. I'd imagine there is some sort of chart used as a reference behind the scenes, and if there isn't, maybe there should be.

I learned from my first experience in the Broke Tooth Cave and I'm never taking that writ again. Or the Boogins, casting Invisibility Purge then running at you with Blinding Speed and dual-wielding axes. You spend a few thousand in supplies trying to kill a couple spawns just to get 20 XP? It seems like by the time I'm tough enough to kill these guys I barely get any XP for them. There are large chunks of the server I avoid because it's just not at all worth the trouble.

Draco Deleteur

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Sorry to hear that. I did bump the jungles up to be level 14+ thereabouts, and I know the lizardfolk boss is hard (but he should never appear on road so tell me where).

I've been making creatures for years on Arelith, and frankly it is getting a lot more difficult as AB and AC on PCs has shot up, as we do seem to keep balancing upwards. Powerful summons, coupled with the associate tool means many characters just effortlessly stroll through content without a concern. Summoners are generally still calling creatures WAY more powerful than a human played fighter character of the same level, while druids are transforming into beings with stats above 50...

Every single time I introduce new PvE content I have to do so for the latest meta, and endless circle where I also have to revisit old monsters that have grown too easy.

Of course it is my server, and I could, and will nerf both summons and shapes further, at which time we'll have another thread alongside this, about how I've broken characters, and offering me a strongly worded lecture on why these classes need these OP summons so as to compete in some hypothetical PvP fight with an imaginary Weapon Master.

As a player I can get as frustrated as anyone, and will (despite above rant) adjust any spawns when receiving specific feedback, so long as it isn't a request to remove damage shields and dispel abilities from boss spawns.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:28 pm

Another place that seems very much out of line is the Bastille. That place is super confusing, and the Knights in particular simply seem broken. They have between 50 and 55 AB, along with strong mages. There was a boss with 67 AB with Death Attacks for 100+ damage.

This makes the place impossible to solo. It makes it even hard for a decently sized group. We were 4 level 30s and when we reached the Cathedral things were just really really hard. The slight mistake and half our team died. I really want to explore the place, but I am not entirely sure even if I bring more people we'll be able to.

The worse part? We walked that place for a long time, struggled all the way through and found absolutely nothing of worth. Half the chests seemed to be behind Walls.. that supposedly can be broken but we couldn't break as I assume we need a specific thing which we didn't have. The other half of chests was just regular, nothing great. It's simply a gold sink, with a high chance of death.

Meanwhile you can stroll places like the Viper Monastery, which low epic monsters and the whole place has 5 chests and a runic chest and is fairly quick to run, with low to no chance of death.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm

Shadowy Reality wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:28 pm
Another place that seems very much out of line is the Bastille. That place is super confusing, and the Knights in particular simply seem broken. They have between 50 and 55 AB, along with strong mages. There was a boss with 67 AB with Death Attacks for 100+ damage.
I'm not actually familiar with the Bastille, so will need to ask the creator.

The Viper Monastery was mine, or at least part of it. The place went a bit out of whack as we kept updating (not sure if that's a good word, in the circumstances, the monk class)

Again, clear feedback and suggestions and I'll make changes.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:39 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think the Viper Monastery is totally fine in terms of difficulty for its level. And I also think it is a good thing that some runic chests are available for characters at early epic levels, or characters with non-optimal or non-meta builds. As a side note, the new area of Zamishar's Woe is also stellar and seems to be in a pretty good spot difficulty and reward wise. So it's definitely not all new content that is out of line.

My only feedback here is that rewards should still be more or less balanced to difficulty. The Bastille if it is to be kept at that level (I honestly believe the Knights in particularly should be looked at), should have a lot more chests, or rare ore veins, or runic chests and maybe the Viper Monastery could stand to lose a chest or two.

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Irongron wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:54 pm
Sorry to hear that. I did bump the jungles up to be level 14+ thereabouts, and I know the lizardfolk boss is hard (but he should never appear on road so tell me where).
Maybe it's the path I take to the Crow's Nest from Cordor, but I run into him every time, waiting at the top of that hill with his homies.
Irongron wrote:
I've been making creatures for years on Arelith, and frankly it is getting a lot more difficult as AB and AC on PCs has shot up, as we do seem to keep balancing upwards. Powerful summons, coupled with the associate tool means many characters just effortlessly stroll through content without a concern. Summoners are generally still calling creatures WAY more powerful than a human played fighter character of the same level, while druids are transforming into beings with stats above 50...

Every single time I introduce new PvE content I have to do so for the latest meta, and endless circle where I also have to revisit old monsters that have grown too easy.

Of course it is my server, and I could, and will nerf both summons and shapes further, at which time we'll have another thread alongside this, about how I've broken characters, and offering me a strongly worded lecture on why these classes need these OP summons so as to compete in some hypothetical PvP fight with an imaginary Weapon Master.
Yea, I can understand that. I barely felt this pain at all when I was playing a caster, being able to drop enough wards on myself and summons to make short work of a fair amount of the content. I'm noticing it a lot more now when playing a non-caster tank, when my options for buffs are limited and pricey.
Irongron wrote:
As a player I can get as frustrated as anyone, and will (despite above rant) adjust any spawns when receiving specific feedback, so long as it isn't a request to remove damage shields and dispel abilities from boss spawns.
I'd expect bosses to have a few annoying abilities, dispels included. When talking about the spawns with dispels, I was referring to some of the normal spawns. Those broke tooth goblin mages cast dispel magic three times, one is bad enough at that level, especially for a tank where all your buffs only come to you because of gold that you make from killing stuff. Each time I'm hit with a dispel now I'm thinking, "there's 1000 gold gone." And a caster is all like, "Phooey, oh well, I'll just make another, alakapoof."

Draco Deleteur

TurningLeaf
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TurningLeaf » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Prioritize casters
Don't be so buff reliant
Get good (jk I just needed a 3rd thing for the list)

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:49 pm

Maybe do not adjust difficulty based on the strongest caster available, at least not for non-30 areas? make it doable for all is the idea.

Maybe it is because I hate pvp (character duels with consent are fun), every time I see things adjusted based on pvp I feel rediculus about it LOL, someone is clearly playing Arelith- the endless battle version of the game. And I strongly believe pvp is a tool to serve rp, if rp went right even a big bad WM should play defeated facing lv 10.

Think back all of my characters aside from the monk are rather killable by those pvp guys? But is it healthy to have characters brought up so that they can pvp... I see that in pure pvp servers.

Someone wants to be the mighty warlord, and when that meets defeat, a complaint about xxx is too strong will appear. This battle will never end...

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Rei_Jin » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Irongron wrote:
As the player of a wizard, can I push back a little on some of the thinking here?

I’ve gone through the new jungle content several times, and I can tell you that a fully buffed ancient water elemental died to the Treant Elder, and was taking a serious hiding from the other treants.

By comparison, the slaad handle it with minimal issue.

The new cantrips mechanics and arcane flux are great for wizards, but they are in no way going to allow wizards to do content solo without summons, and that’s my concern, because whilst PvP is a big part of what you value in Arelith (and it is your server, and you have every right to shape it as you wish), it’s by no means the entirety of what Arelith is about, and I know you know that, or you would be making and releasing new areas.

The new jungle content? Great flavour (asides from jackals being in there, they’re a desert animal), but way over-tuned if it’s meant to be pre-epic content. And if I, as the player of a level 30 mage multiclass build am struggling with it despite doing a host of other content solo with minimal issue, then things may need to be retuned.

Without a summons, I could not go into the jungle. Point blank could not.

Any rebalancing of summons needs to take into account how wizards engage with PvE content, not just divine casters who can super-buff their summons, and if the issue in that equation is decided to be that wizards need a boost, then please, do something for us so that PvE content is viable with reduced strength summons (if that is indeed your intention, ie, to nerf summons)

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Arienette » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 am

There have always been “solo” builds/classes and I think that’s OK. A Druid or battle cleric will be able to easily solo most level-appropriate areas, whereas a rogue probably won’t be able to do that.

If everything was able to to be solo’d by these “bad at solo” classes and builds, it would just be far too easy in general. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the fact that some types of characters will need to have a party to do a lot of content.

Also just going to throw this out there, even though it might be obvious. Since I have noticed a lot of players who don’t seem to take it into account. If you are playing a character who is not built to solo and you want to solo some writs: pick the ones where you are at the top end of the level range.

If the writ is 12-16, do it when you are 16, not 12. My rule of thumb is that if I am at the bottom of the level range, I want 3 people in the party. At the middle of the range, party of 2. At the top of the level range, try it solo.

Also, I’m not sure how or if “PvP” builds relate to this topic. PvP capability does not necessarily equate to PvE capability. Totem druids are going to effortlessly solo 95 percent of PvE content but they don’t exactly lead the pack (haha) when it comes to PvP. Conversely, a 2-hand divine Champion smiter is scary in PvP but will have trouble soloing many things.

If the conversation is about generally lowering content difficulty and/or nerfing summons generally? I personally would not like to see either. I think it’s fine for some characters to struggle through some areas while others breeze through it. I guess I just don’t see the problem. Coming from a player who plays both “types” of characters.

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:25 am

It's not that places in general are just too tough for non casters. It's that newer content is noticeably tougher than other existing content that's supposedly in the same level range and non casters end up feeling it the most. You can still solo some places so long as you play it smart, but a whole lot of content, especially new areas, are simply a no go. Now that writs seem like they give a max of 2k XP (even the courier writ from Cordor to Westcliff), and you can only do each writ once, you're incentivized to go check out these new areas and do the writs there. Why would I put myself through that when I can circle grind elsewhere? Yes, it's dull, its the same thing over and over again, but it's also comparatively safe, and I actually come out of the mini adventure a little richer, not poorer.

Draco Deleteur

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:42 am

Arienette wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:03 am
There have always been “solo” builds/classes and I think that’s OK. A Druid or battle cleric will be able to easily solo most level-appropriate areas, whereas a rogue probably won’t be able to do that.

If everything was able to to be solo’d by these “bad at solo” classes and builds, it would just be far too easy in general. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the fact that some types of characters will need to have a party to do a lot of content.

Also just going to throw this out there, even though it might be obvious. Since I have noticed a lot of players who don’t seem to take it into account. If you are playing a character who is not built to solo and you want to solo some writs: pick the ones where you are at the top end of the level range.

If the writ is 12-16, do it when you are 16, not 12. My rule of thumb is that if I am at the bottom of the level range, I want 3 people in the party. At the middle of the range, party of 2. At the top of the level range, try it solo.

Also, I’m not sure how or if “PvP” builds relate to this topic. PvP capability does not necessarily equate to PvE capability. Totem druids are going to effortlessly solo 95 percent of PvE content but they don’t exactly lead the pack (haha) when it comes to PvP. Conversely, a 2-hand divine Champion smiter is scary in PvP but will have trouble soloing many things.

If the conversation is about generally lowering content difficulty and/or nerfing summons generally? I personally would not like to see either. I think it’s fine for some characters to struggle through some areas while others breeze through it. I guess I just don’t see the problem. Coming from a player who plays both “types” of characters.
If being at the top level range and still cannot solo it, would that justify things get too tough?

This topic is about some new areas are getting outrageously tough contents, while it is in a lower level area. I can see my lv23 wizard gets squashed in the new Jungle as well.

If everything is designed to ensure the best build gets challenge...doesn’t that sounds like this world is for them?

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:19 am

Security_Blanket wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:25 am
It's not that places in general are just too tough for non casters. It's that newer content is noticeably tougher than other existing content that's supposedly in the same level range and non casters end up feeling it the most. You can still solo some places so long as you play it smart, but a whole lot of content, especially new areas, are simply a no go. Now that writs seem like they give a max of 2k XP (even the courier writ from Cordor to Westcliff), and you can only do each writ once, you're incentivized to go check out these new areas and do the writs there. Why would I put myself through that when I can circle grind elsewhere? Yes, it's dull, its the same thing over and over again, but it's also comparatively safe, and I actually come out of the mini adventure a little richer, not poorer.
That is a choice you can do. Arelith has been mocked for being too easy now it is mocked for being too hard. Writs and "free" xp has poisoned a lot of these discussions.

The writs being non-repeatable is a problem however since it doesn't systematically influence party play.

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:45 pm

Ork wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:19 am
That is a choice you can do. . .
Yes, and it seems the only choice is to flat out avoid any new content. Those choices are limited as areas are updated to fit the new meta. If you were to spend however many hours making a dungeon, adding several areas to the server, don't you think you'd actually want people to go there? To experience what you put so much work into? Or would you want half the player base to give it a wide birth because it's just generally too tough? I'd love to check out new content, but I know a pattern when I see one, I'll stick to where things feel more balanced for my weak build and miss out on a lot of writ XP as a result.

Draco Deleteur

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Irongron wrote:
A bit funny that you say this, as it's pretty rare for a summon to come even close to current melee build meta (entirely ignoring PVP here).

Ancient Air for example has 216 life, 38 AC, 30AB, for 8-28 damage. It's very durable due to epic dodge and 15/+5DR and 50% concealement.

A level 30 caster with SF and ESF spell focuses will see that become, 39AC, 39AB, 10-30 damage and I'm not sure how much more life (100-200?) - which is more AC then strength fighters get and more AB than even medium BAB rogues can easily get. Meaning it effectively is a strong agile tank, but will take a while to kill things. The Gate summons and definitely Planar Conduit are quite a bit more powerful but-

With the ridiculously high saves of every monster in the game, a lot of spells are entirely rubbish in PVE. When PVE enemies have 30-50 saves, it is rarely better for that spellcaster to actually cast something other than buffs/healing/summons in PVE unless it's a saveless spell like IGMS against a boss or an infinite cast spell (and thankfully the new cantrip options). Sometimes all a spellcaster has going for them is that summon (especially conjuration wizards); that is how they've chosen to play the game. And you know, it's -fun- to micromanage a summon (or summons) around in a fight and be a little bit useful, and try to not draw aggro and get immediately smushed.

It is as valid of a way to play the game as going a spellsword and deleting 6 enemies in a single hit, or going a warlock and spamming darkness so that enemies never even attack you in the first place, or playing a shadow dancer with a nigh unkillable shadow while you get sneak attacks from your 60+AC/epic dodge/concealment sneaker, or divine shield yourself into 70 AC with EDRIII so you're unkillable etc.

If anything summons could stand to be a bit -more- powerful, to keep up with the rapidly increasing strength of the mobs in the game, although I'm excluding mummy dust/planar conduit from they're about twice as strong as any other summon spell, and EDK is fine.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Whosdis

Post by Whosdis » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Well, Planar Conduit has lots of health, good-competitive AC, and does ridiculously high damage.

On the other hand, they're completely nearly useless in PVP because of WoF as well as its scrolls, and a lot of PVE enemies can just turn them.

I'm hoping that it's a nerf with caveats(turn resistance, nerfing WoF or raising its spell level so it's a heavy investment for non-divine casters), but we'll see.

Back to the original topic, the new areas did have high mob density. On one hand, that's good for levelling: On the other hand, we were passing through to try and find the new path to the Mound, for example, and reached a point where it's like "Oh my god, stoooop spawning more enemies".

The only thing I really, really have a problem with are the Greater Shadow Spiders, their crippling strike (which is completely unavoidable if they web you!) is just dreadful, chugging lesser restoration potions after every fight is simply not fun IMO.

Richrd

Post by Richrd » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 pm

Irongron wrote:

There's just, as with any online game, that small part of the player base that'll want to powergame as hard as possible to gain any advantage they can get their fingers on. That in turn will lure others in to do the same, creating this accursed meta that pushes content creators to ever further increase the difficulty of new content as it gets released over the years.

But! And don't take this the wrong way. You are in a practical way the Overgod of this server, Irongron and team. With how long Arelith has existed it is no uncertainty that any and all balance issues are ultimately, as accusatory as it may sound, your doing.

But I'm just some nobody giving his opinion, so who cares. Still I sincerely suggest to stop with the increase in numbers and allow things to remain at a steady level. The longer the power curve keeps on rearing it's ugly head upwards the more it'll turn into a spiral of balancing nightmares.
Nerfs are always better than buffs.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Whosdis wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:34 pm
The only thing I really, really have a problem with are the Greater Shadow Spiders, their crippling strike (which is completely unavoidable if they web you!) is just dreadful, chugging lesser restoration potions after every fight is simply not fun IMO.
For what it's worth, if you can find a cleric to travel with or a source for potions/wands, casting Negative Energy Protection (3rd level cleric spell) prevents all ability damage from any source, including crippling strike. It's turns/level, so it should usually last you multiple fights if you're moving at a steady clip, and it will keep you from having to finish the fights with penalties.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

La Villa Strangiato

Post by La Villa Strangiato » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:13 pm

Rei_Jin wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:57 pm
Irongron wrote:
As the player of a wizard, can I push back a little on some of the thinking here?

I’ve gone through the new jungle content several times, and I can tell you that a fully buffed ancient water elemental died to the Treant Elder, and was taking a serious hiding from the other treants.

By comparison, the slaad handle it with minimal issue.

[...]

Without a summons, I could not go into the jungle. Point blank could not.

Any rebalancing of summons needs to take into account how wizards engage with PvE content, not just divine casters who can super-buff their summons, and if the issue in that equation is decided to be that wizards need a boost, then please, do something for us so that PvE content is viable with reduced strength summons (if that is indeed your intention, ie, to nerf summons)
I will say that those treants were also giving me trouble and taking a really long time for me to kill as a level 30 rogue/fighter and a mid-epics spellsword. Their damage reduction is ridiculously high for what should be a mid-teens writ.
Senrae
Saraskyn
Kallava Okaide
Nemerarie Athol
Rio Salazar

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:54 pm

La Villa Strangiato wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:13 pm
I will say that those treants were also giving me trouble and taking a really long time for me to kill as a level 30 rogue/fighter and a mid-epics spellsword. Their damage reduction is ridiculously high for what should be a mid-teens writ.
Thanks. Specific feedback like this is really what I find most helpful.

I've already removed the elder spawn, and made some small adjustments to the spawn frequencies, and will now soon reduce the DR.

Also just to offer a quick peek under the hood...

Arelith has relatively complex spawn system, and creatures have a 'relative frequency' when compared to other creatures in an areas spawn set, thus a creature with an RF of 1, will only appear once for every ten creatures with an RF of 10, but this is largely overridden by character level.

What does this mean? Well the treants are all RF1, while the other animals and lizardfolk are all between 3 and 8, however if you cruise around a mid level area on a level 30 character, you're going to spawn way more of the high CR creatures (in this case treants), while conversely a lower level character will encounter mainly young tigers and snakes.

Quite often I read feedback that says 'Hey, this mid level content was far too hard on my level 30 character - it's broken! In reality though, it is a feature of the Arelith engine. (Edit - and is also the reason why those characters will also encounter way more casters than level appropriate adventurers would when exploring the same areas)

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:13 am

Irongron wrote:
I'm not sure whether to feel honored or sad that you've automated our future conversations.

:sulks:

...the weapon masters were real.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:39 am

The biggest thing I don't like about the treants is the unnerfed trueseeing. When I'm passing through the jungle on a level 30, I don't want to be killing everything in my path. That's something I don't like about the Guldorand sewer too, or other areas that can work as roads. I don't want to deal with spawn, I want to get in/out of Guldorand from somewhere other than the front gate.