Astrolabe Portal's Calendar Missing Days

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

riffraff

Astrolabe Portal's Calendar Missing Days

Post by riffraff » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm

First, I just want to echo what others have said about the Astrolabe pages being really nice. I'm super glad the crafting compendium gets a link!

The but is that it seems like the calendar's in-game time conversion is doing something weird with the last 3 days of the month. I'm particularly bringing it up because the update announcing the Astrolabe site said it should be working.

A month gets to the 27th then leaps to the "0th" before incrementing normally again. I checked a couple other months and the same was happening there. As Faerun has 30 day months, I assume something's off here - and not all the month's I checked have the weird in-between days either (which I thought might be what day 0 is supposed to represent).

In fact, at time of writing, it says we're at 2:30am on Day 0 Uktar. I hopped in game to make sure this wasn't oddness with the in-game date, but we're on day 28 Marpenoth, as it should be.

cold chuckle

backlands
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Astrolabe Portal's Calendar Missing Days

Post by backlands » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this, I will have to dig into this further it looks like. So much time on getting the calendar working and still edge cases!

backlands
General Admin
General Admin

Post by backlands » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:25 am

riffraff wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm

First, I just want to echo what others have said about the Astrolabe pages being really nice. I'm super glad the crafting compendium gets a link!

Just wanted to say thank you to you for this, really appreciate the kind words! Looking forward to adding more in time!

riffraff wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm

A month gets to the 27th then leaps to the "0th" before incrementing normally again. I checked a couple other months and the same was happening there. As Faerun has 30 day months, I assume something's off here - and not all the month's I checked have the weird in-between days either (which I thought might be what day 0 is supposed to represent).

I wanted to touch on this now that I had a chance to look at the date logic in the game and note that Arelith is on a 28 day calendar for every month. The server doesn't follow the Harptos calendar in that specifically. You can find this referenced in the Arelith wiki on the Time page.

With that noted, the issue you saw was actually that days in the Astrolabe were 0 indexed, which clearly there is no day 0. I fixed this now and did some initial checks and everything seems to be aligning in game and in the Astrolabe. We will know better once the 28th day comes around again which will be on February 6th at 8PM my time, I set myself a reminder for the 6th to do some checking and validation.

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:50 pm

Somehow I've never noticed the 28 days thing either in game or on the wiki, so that's good to know. :lol:

And thanks for the fix!

cold chuckle