The new forum formatting is a bit weird

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Party in the forest at midnight

The new forum formatting is a bit weird

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 pm

Hey, so it seems that using a line of dashes now automatically formats text or something. The bug report form now automatically makes text giant. It's sort of random too. If you put dashes under a blank space, it makes a big bar linebreak like this:

If there's text over dashes, it makes text bigger like this.

Hitting disable markdown fixes it, but, given that this is the default you might want to go and review the bug template form.

DM Poppy

Re: The new forum formatting is a bit weird

Post by DM Poppy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 am

Thanks for pointing this out.

At the very least, I've editted the bug report template

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

riffraff

Post by riffraff » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:53 pm

Markdown doesn't use its own tags, it just has certain characters flagged as formatters (like the hash symbol). If you want to have rules/lines without treating the text immediately above as a header, you have to use three asterisks (***) or any number of underscores (_____).

https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax/

You can also use backslash before any of these formatters to stop Markdown from picking it up. It shouldn't show the backslash, but it seems to be, for some reason.

\---------------------------------------------------

If people aren't familiar with Markdown, it probably makes more sense if it's off by default, if that's possible.

cold chuckle

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:11 pm

Could allowing white space be enabled again? The forums now delete all extra line breaks after 1, so I need to add a character in between paragraphs if I want to add more white space to differentiate between ideas. Or if I am pasting screenshots and want to separate them more so it's clear what screenshot I'm captioning. Disabling markdown text does NOT fix this problem.