Gloaming Wings

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Hazard

Gloaming Wings

Post by Hazard » Fri May 19, 2023 2:50 pm

Hey~ Really excited to see the new gloaming wings, they look great. I like thr wing model choice. Very goth-moth.

But there are some problems with them that I think could use a bit of tweaking. Just two really.

1. They will NOT stop flapping. Aggressively. It's like they're stuck in a 'running' animation or something. That level of flapping seems fine for when your gloamy has the zoomies and is running around, but they are flapping at 110% even when standing perfectly still. Any way this could be changed?

2. There seems to be some kind of metal hinge in the back, attaching the wings to the charater's back.

Hazard

Re: Gloaming Wings

Post by Hazard » Sat May 20, 2023 8:33 pm

Just got to see the new actual gloaming wings. The shadowy ones.

Really cool! The shadow effect hides the hinge in the back well enough.

Still flappy, but that could be due to my gloaming's diet.

These are super cute.

Kroatius
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kroatius » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:07 am

Hazard wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:33 pm

Just got to see the new actual gloaming wings. The shadowy ones.

Really cool! The shadow effect hides the hinge in the back well enough.

Still flappy, but that could be due to my gloaming's diet.

These are super cute.

Sorry for the late reply. In the next update, the moth wings will stop fluttering when you stand still (Idle Animations)

Kroatius
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kroatius » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:12 am

Hazard wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:50 pm

Hey~ Really excited to see the new gloaming wings, they look great. I like thr wing model choice. Very goth-moth.

But there are some problems with them that I think could use a bit of tweaking. Just two really.

1. They will NOT stop flapping. Aggressively. It's like they're stuck in a 'running' animation or something. That level of flapping seems fine for when your gloamy has the zoomies and is running around, but they are flapping at 110% even when standing perfectly still. Any way this could be changed?

2. There seems to be some kind of metal hinge in the back, attaching the wings to the charater's back.

Removing the cylinder makes the wings like floating behind your character, it's really odd. And it's quite time-consuming to edit the animations, it has 14000 frames and almost 1000 keyframe to make it looks not odd anymore. Perhaps I will come with a solution soon if I really want remove the cylinder.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:52 pm

I'm really happy with my character's shadowy wings right now.

The gentle flapping when you're unhasted and walking is chef's kiss.