Spell Component Recharge & Pale Masters

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Nimbostratus

Spell Component Recharge & Pale Masters

Post by Nimbostratus » Sat May 20, 2023 2:55 am

The spell component recharging on rest is a really cool update. Spell components have long been tedious and annoying (before someone chimes in and points out how much worse mundanes have it, I would agree with you, but that's not what this thread is about!)

My feedback is that I think Pale Masters got overlooked in this update. Pale Masters can cast Epic Spells once they reach level 15, even if they have limited other casting abilities (such as the case with bard/PMs for example); they even get two epic spells for free. Therefore, I suggest they should qualify for the "Arcane spell casters who can cast 7th circle spells and above" requirement, but currently, they do not receive spell component charge refreshes.

If the goal of this update was to lessen the tedium of playing spell-component-consuming classes, then I believe this is an oversight worthy of correcting, as since each of the Pale Master's signature spells costs a whole component to cast (Mummy Dust, Epic Dragon Knight, and (usually) Epic Mage Armor), this class can chew through components pretty quickly. Because Pale Master is a prestige class and rarely taken in multiples of 9, I would also put forward they should add their base arcane class to their total level in regards to this perk.

Thanks for your consideration.

chris a gogo

Re: Spell Component Recharge & Pale Masters

Post by chris a gogo » Sat May 20, 2023 12:05 pm

My PM gets spell components back.

Nimbostratus

Post by Nimbostratus » Sat May 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Perhaps this should go in the bug forum then. I am playing a bard/PM/RDD and not getting spell components.

Svrtr
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Svrtr » Sat May 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Wiz/PM gets 9th level spells, bard/PM would not since bard only goes up to 6th level slots.

Sounds like it is working as intended

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat May 20, 2023 10:17 pm

Working as designed, yes.