QoL: Horses in Non-Ride Areas

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

TempuranTempeh

QoL: Horses in Non-Ride Areas

Post by TempuranTempeh » Sun May 28, 2023 7:09 am

TLDR; Could we get some way to get mounts out of non-ride areas? AKA to add them to a party without mounting them.

Today we've encountered an issue in game. Once you leave a horse in a non-ride area (e.g. because you don't want to leave it on a wyvern bridge) and then come fetch it, there is no way to have it follow you out of the non-ride area as it's not in your party. You can get it in, but not out.

We've then tried to use a lasso to lead the horse out, non-wild horses are used to ropes after all. Lassoing made the horse hostile.

I mean, it was funny, but pretty silly to have both:
1) no way to lead a mount out of a non-ride area
2) non-wild horses being so upset about ropes

Which, in an actual RP scenario, the horse would've been simply taken by the bridle and led outside with no need for a lasso.

This would also help with the horses left stranded at inns and other interiors with no way of getting them out without a high AE, which again makes little sense with the exception of wild horses, since those use AE for riding and handling as well.

Sariandi the Treasure Hunter - chilling on the mainland away from shovels, sandbanks and islets
Asharï Hürriyet - actively Hammer-ing

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Re: QoL: Horses in Non-Ride Areas

Post by Eira » Sun May 28, 2023 10:14 am

In the meantime, if you have 6 pts of ride, right click on them to choose assign mount and follow the instructions to add the horse to your party. That does not require you to actually get on it.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sun May 28, 2023 10:34 am

That doesn’t work in the internal areas that don’t allow riding, which is the whole point.

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Eira » Sun May 28, 2023 11:01 am

Unless something had changed, and nothing was announced with the system, it should work. I have used assign mount several times to move horses out of buildings.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

BurntGnome

Post by BurntGnome » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:35 am

Eira wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:01 am

Unless something had changed, and nothing was announced with the system, it should work. I have used assign mount several times to move horses out of buildings.

I came across this tonight. I tried the assign mount methods, it still just tells me I cannot mount in this area and would not reassign the mount to my party. I had to relog to fix desync and could not reparty the horses with this mechanic or any other method.

Ufired

Post by Ufired » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:30 pm

I've beat on the drum for a long time. Cavalier should have AE. Or at least give horses an AE check of 1 so a one time cross class AE can add them to your party.