Gem Resorces

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Gem Resorces

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sun May 28, 2023 11:17 am

So we've had this update, adding bonus gems from deposits and rare gems.

I have been hitting quite a few gem nodes, I am yet to get any of these new rare gems, I also am not sure how many bonus gems I got, because I had no special message, nor have I noticed particularly many more gems per node.

Low tier gem nodes are absolute crap. Why do greenstone deposits give 1-3 raw greenstone using gem mining tools? Meanwhile I can go kill things for 15 minutes (roughly the same time it takes for the deposit to respawn) and chances are I end up with a lot more than 3 greenstone. This is valid for all low tier gems, their deposit nodes are just not worth it, from greenstone to topaz.

Boost the deposit output, by a lot. Make them drop at least 5 or 10, with chances for more. Nobody is getting rich on greenstone mining anyway.

AstralUniverse

Re: Gem Resorces

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun May 28, 2023 11:23 am

the none rare bonus gem you get is from a different type. for example, you hit a malachite node and you get a greenstone among the malachite rocks so it doesnt really take a special message to know. I have no comment or opinion on the rest.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Sun May 28, 2023 12:14 pm

I find great to add "super" gems chances as bonus on nods, because yes, it incentivizes a bit to mine nodes that otherwise have little interest because of what is said in OP.

Found one rare gem, it feels like finding treasures, one of the things I prefer in the game :D

I guess in time they'll be added to recipes for crafting specific items, and that's the beauty of the resource system.

At the moment though, still can't put a raw gem in a bag ... Should I make a new bug report? :ugeek:

Flower Power

Post by Flower Power » Sun May 28, 2023 5:17 pm

I've hit up about 2 dozen gem deposits thus far and gotten a single other random gem.

Wasn't a new one, it was just like, an extra aventurine or something equally banal from some random fluorspar deposit.

So it does seem to be pretty rare, all in all, yes.

what would fred rogers do?