Stability and Load Times Down

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

perseid

Stability and Load Times Down

Post by perseid » Mon May 29, 2023 6:45 am

I mostly just wanted to post this thread because I'd heard similar from a few players but not seen much about it reported and so I thought this would be a good central point to see if others were encountering the same. Lately I've found that I both crash much more often and that my load times are far from short when loading into zones. I'd say this started within the last thirty days for my part.

AstralUniverse

Re: Stability and Load Times Down

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon May 29, 2023 7:59 am

Something that hadnt happened to me, ever, until it happened twice since a month ago, is that certain specific screens (like the Hub. it's always the hub) take infinite time to load, until I give up and restart the game, then maybe it works the second time. There was an occasion I couldnt load to the hub for several hours but I could log other characters in other screens just fine. The frequency of my crashes and disyncs seems about the same so idk what's new if anything.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

I will never sleep

Post by I will never sleep » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:17 am

I have been visited by the endless loading screen a few times. Maybe once every two sessions. Crashing is the same as always.

Bazelgeuse

Post by Bazelgeuse » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:19 am

I had horrible stability problems with the recent update. Rolling my game back to the previous patch (.34) helped with the constant desyncs.

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:35 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:59 am

Something that hadnt happened to me, ever, until it happened twice since a month ago, is that certain specific screens (like the Hub. it's always the hub) take infinite time to load, until I give up and restart the game, then maybe it works the second time. There was an occasion I couldnt load to the hub for several hours but I could log other characters in other screens just fine. The frequency of my crashes and disyncs seems about the same so idk what's new if anything.

This is my experience too. I don't have this issue in other servers (If it happens, its very rarely)

Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:26 pm

I often crash walking through the Cordor outskirts from the surface as you pass the first temp stall, has happened 7 times now in four weeks, I've stopped going to Cordor as much but it got to the point where id expect it every time.