MEGATHREAD - DWEOMERCRAFTING REWORK ON PGCC

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.
Diegovog

Re: MEGATHREAD - DWEOMERCRAFTING REWORK ON PGCC

Post by Diegovog » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:24 pm

Maybe bump only positive DI up to 5points to avoid easy stack of positive DI for vampires?

The rest should be fine with 3 or 4 points I think.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Diegovog wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:24 pm

Maybe bump only positive DI up to 5points to avoid easy stack of positive DI for vampires?

The rest should be fine with 3 or 4 points I think.

We'll keep the current values for now. Given the current caster situation, it shouldn't be too easy to stack elemental immunities on items.

Mamma ama Warlock

Post by Mamma ama Warlock » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:00 pm

Hullo~

I have found that it is impossible to put any further enchantments on inherently runic weapons in the new dweomer pool (tried it on the Dead Man's Cross daggers), it worked perfectly fine with the old one though. Might be an issue with those?

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:03 pm

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me like a shared issue across all craftable items who come out of the oven with runic property, but already exceed the 32 points max value of properties and therefore cannot be enchanted. There's also the part where in the new system, runes are never consumed from an item, since it doesnt really matter, it always caps at 32 points.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Coolguy McMagic

Post by Coolguy McMagic » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:03 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:03 pm

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me like a shared issue across all craftable items who come out of the oven with runic property, but already exceed the 32 points max value of properties and therefore cannot be enchanted. There's also the part where in the new system, runes are never consumed from an item, since it doesnt really matter, it always caps at 32 points.

If the item in question comes with a rune innately, you get to put another 8 points' worth of stuff on it, regardless of whether or not it exceeds the cap already.
If the item isn't innately runic and it's over 32, you're out of luck though.

Beary Nice

Post by Beary Nice » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:00 pm

Is there an intent to add specific saves like cold, fire, acid etc to items, so that we can take advantage of the overwriting with a lower property change that you made?

IIRC those are the only things missing from the new system that were present in the old one, now

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 pm

In the same spirit as the previous comment, +AC or +AB vs specific groups are expensive properties that cannot be overwritten, and it makes quite a few items unappealing. Would adding those properties also be considered?

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:36 am

Beary Nice wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:00 pm

Is there an intent to add specific saves like cold, fire, acid etc to items, so that we can take advantage of the overwriting with a lower property change that you made?

IIRC those are the only things missing from the new system that were present in the old one, now

Quidix wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 pm

In the same spirit as the previous comment, +AC or +AB vs specific groups are expensive properties that cannot be overwritten, and it makes quite a few items unappealing. Would adding those properties also be considered?

Version 1 will mimic the existing setup.
This means it will only aim to have the relevant properties from the current dialogue based system and not anything further.

This is by design as even in the current system the properties raised as nuisance play a big factor of runes and costs.

Importantly this is not me saying never for the ac, but more that it's important to get the ground work done before anything else is introduced that could further upset established norms.

As for the saves vs elements, I believe we were discussing them (Kalo and I) and how we wanted them evaluated last it was raised.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.