Guldorand Townhouse Chest Feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Guldorand Townhouse Chest Feedback

Post by Kuma » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:45 am

The following area contains multiple large houses- I believe two, but have not been able to verify the other side. The western half consists of two extremely large spaces - a bottom floor and an upper floor, which would be perfect for large gatherings or a makeshift guildhall.

However, the chest is on the bottom floor and unprotected by a second quarter door, despite the expense of the quarter and its sheer size, making it less attractive to use for this purposes when compared to similar quarters in Guldorand. Most other mid- to large-sized Guld houses I've seen have this second quarter door between the main door and its chest, or even a second quarter inside despite not being an official guildhouse. This feels particularly painful considering Guldorand's long loading times, particularly on older machines, leaving the door wide open.

The second floor is also a little odd and almost seems unfinished. There is a bedroom without a door - not even a curtain door, just an open space, which is unusual. If the chest could be moved to this room, and a quarter door put there, that would enable better and more inclusive use of this massive quarter.

The upper map pin is the location of the chest currently, on the bottom floor. The lower map pin is the second upper floor bedroom, which would make sense for a chest to be placed, and an inner quarter door.

This is the details of the map.

I would like to utilise this space more for public gatherings and guild purposes without feeling like I'm just going to get robbed blind, otherwise it feels like a lot of wasted space.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)