Empty Temporary Shop Release Cooldown

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Tikin

Empty Temporary Shop Release Cooldown

Post by Tikin » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 pm

At some point, empty temp shops took 30’ to get released and rentable again. It was nice.

I don’t know if it was intentional or a bug or anything, but obviously it’s now closer to 1h, perhaps more, difficult to be exactly sure, but clearly no longer 30’.
If it was intentional, I got to say I believe there’s nothing to be gained with making this timer longer than 30’. I probably would have gone for 15’ even personally.
Temp shops with good locations are low stock … Basically the 3 in Cordor outskirts concerning “surface” as opposed with “ud” …. (Got a few "sometimes better than nothing" places in Guldorand, that's nice and they'll probably get better with time). These are as nice for chars who need a temp shop as they are for chars who appreciate the dynamic business these places allow.
On the –not so rare occasions a temp shop is empty and still owned by a char, I’m convinced it’s not because the char doesn’t want to let go of the shop and continue to use it. It’s because the player isn’t aware of the temp shop problematic. Couldn’t blame the players, so many things one need to get accustomed to in this game. Or eventually (more rare) when someone’s stock was fully bought … In either case there is imo no point in severing 1/3 of this active trading place.

Thanks for reading!
:kiss:

PowerWord Rage

Re: Empty Temporary Shop Release Cooldown

Post by PowerWord Rage » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:34 am

Unless i'm mistaken, Temporary shop has a lease of 3 hours instead of 30minutes or 1hour.

Quote from https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Shop

Temporary Shops

Temporary shops work exactly like usual player owned shops, but must be interacted with regularly. A temporary shop that has not been interacted with by the owner within three RL hours will become available for sale once again. If no one buys the shop in the intervening time, the owner may reclaim the shop simply by interacting with it.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:26 am

While I appreciate and thank you for your educational answer , please allow me to quote myself here :D

Tikin wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:06 pm

At some point, empty temp shops took 30’ to get released and rentable again.

So ... EMPTY is the key word here ;-)

It was a reality during some time after the duration of rent went from 1h to 3h.
EMPTY temp shop was released after a half hour.
And my feedback is I thought it was a perfect balanced change. I remember I posted a message in this feedback forum to express how I enjoyed the temp shop going from 1h to 3h.
I can now say how I enjoyed to never find a owned EMPTY temp shop for long. :)

Hoping this post helped to clarify my feedback :heart:

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Monkey » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:24 am

30 RL mins until the shop is auto-released. Players could be putting more in the shop or touching it to refresh it which would start the timer again.

If you think it is being abused, please send a report to ‘Active DMs’ via PM on the forums.

If you think there is a bug or it isn’t working, bug report on the bug forum.

They’re temporary shops so shouldn’t be left for hours and hours without someone there interacting with them. It’s fine to leave the temporary store for a bit to run off somewhere else and return, but ideally they’re there to promote RP, not to be used as a temporary storage space or extra selling space for characters who already have stores.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:32 am

Thanks for the clarification. :)

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:00 pm

I think this is a bug. I have had a temp shop go empty and hours later I still own it. This happens regularly in Guldorand . Seems to be the shop closest to front gates and the one closest to square on the other side.