Spellsword Change feedback

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Arienette
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Spellsword Change feedback

Post by Arienette » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:18 pm

I am playing a spellsword. He started as a Marauder but I swapped to Abjuration Champion back when the Marauder was nerfed some months back.

While the changes to Spellsword Mords sucks for me as a Spellsword user, it makes sense in the scheme of things. With 30 caster levels, ESF Abjuration and full-on Mords, my Champ could hit way outside it's weight class, especially in group PvP. So, I get it.

Way back when the Marauder was originally nerfed, I was a pretty vocal about how those nerfs really made the Marauder unfun to play in PvE. The argument was that losing 4 AC on two-hander "wasnt a big deal", but it really felt like a big deal in the specific range the loss took place in. A drop in AC from 45 to 41 really did feel bad when approaching endgame content. Combined with reduced regeneration from the accompanying nerfs made it very unfun to play in PvE.

It would be really nice if they got their more-frequent Malestrom back, as it will give them a further boost in PvE without having an outsized effect on PvP. That increased regen when running Negative Imbue really reduced the amount of times you had to stop and heal when running dungeons.