Drow Sexual Dimorphism - Height

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

JelliedJoseph

Drow Sexual Dimorphism - Height

Post by JelliedJoseph » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:28 pm

I hear that there is an intent with the developers of this server to make male drow shorter than female drow. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find any information on this, so I'm making this feedback thread to report that, if this is the intent, the implementation does not work.

Obviously if this is not the intent then consider this feedback thread meaningless. I just figured it's good to report on this because it's incredibly difficult to notice.

The basic thing is that, using the same height settings, the female drow is going to be shorter than the male drow in all cases. This can be noticed on the main server, but just to be sure I checked with a friend on PGCC, where it can be more evidently seen. Here are some images of the experiments.

For max height (obviously both me and my friend just sort of clicked on "very tall" until we got what was the maximum, but still):

https://i.imgur.com/g0WHBIm.png

For min height (same method applies):
https://i.imgur.com/AMRia8p.png

And for average height no dramatic difference in height exists.

This is in feedback instead of bug reports because, as mentioned, I have no idea how to find out if this is intended or not.

Last edited by JelliedJoseph on Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverpheonix

Re: Drow Sexual Dimorphism - Height

Post by silverpheonix » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:05 am

It could not be working because it isn't implemented yet?

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

Amateur Hour

Re: Drow Sexual Dimorphism - Height

Post by Amateur Hour » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:11 pm

If you look at Races of Faerun, drow males and females have the same roll chart for height, so this is pretty spot-on!

What does need correction is every other elf type, which should use the same height roll chart as humans. For some reason Neverwinter Nights went with Greyhawk elf heights, it seems.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???