Sailing to another server

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Enertis

Sailing to another server

Post by Enertis » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:21 am

Hello there,

Past few weeks surface server is very overpopulated and it's crushing a lot wich is really bad for sailing and ships in general, every time server crashes everything on the ship is gone.

We the pirates have a suggestion to move sailing, major ports and everywhere releted to sailing to Distant Shores server it will make the population of the Arelith server more spread out it won't encourage meta gaming like own sailing server and thematically it will also make more sense at least to us.

When we thinked that through we did not wound any down side of this move just up sides

Speeding the population and relief overpopulated surface server.

Thanks for response in advance
Best regard

Babylon System is the Vampire

Re: Sailing to another server

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:19 am

"We the pirates...". I love it.

I agree that sailing would be better off on the guld server, even if the bigger population of the surface means less specifically hunting for ships to kill because you know they are on and what they are likely doing. But there is one big downside. Transferring all that code is work, and figuring out what broke when you did can make it very frustrating work.

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 am

Lag is also frustrating..

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:29 pm

If I recall there are plans to move sailing off the surface server to its own, or maybe to Guld. However, to do so requires ALOT of changes being made by the Dev team and has thus far not been completed.