Bartender Ranking Decay

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

A Digital Vagrant

Bartender Ranking Decay

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:57 pm

Hello!

The decay for bartender ranks is way too fast, for what it is. If people invest time working in the bars, we should be able to take a break for a few RL days or a week (or two!) without getting demoted.

Twohand suggested I pop this in feedback to get fixed :)

Dreams

Re: Bartender Ranking Decay

Post by Dreams » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:04 am

I’m pretty sure it’s per RL week or month. You get a bunch of XP from this without needing to do much more than purchase some of the drinks as a server and pass through the server area once every now and then. This happens a huge amount in the Hub because it’s just open for every character to go in there

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

ClockworkRed

Post by ClockworkRed » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 am

Lol, I owned a tavern for quite a while and never ever heard of this. Can I ask, what's that system about? It's in all taverns?

Pirates FTW

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:01 pm

I played a bartender for about five months straight, barely leaving from behind the bar.

It's handled per real-life week, the status update coming on Monday afternoons US Eastern for me. I don't know the exact formula, but whether or not you level up or drop seems to depend on both the number of drinks served and the amount of time spent behind the bar ("behind the bar" being time with your bartender rank visible). As you level up, you gain title changes, and drinks cost less to pour (meaning more profit for the bartender). Bartender levels are also specific per bar, so a Nomad Brewmaster would start as a Cloven Hoof Server.

I did manage to maintain Brewmaster status for most of my bartending era (thank you to everyone who bought "Nellas"'s weight in kaeth twice a week) but I also did almost nothing else with my Arelith time. Even with that, I remember losing a level around Christmas/New Year's due to the reduced flow of players through the area buying drinks. I agree that the requirements feel extremely steep at the moment, and some more leeway could be built into the system.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:06 pm

I've played a few bartenders and found the balance to be off myself. I don't think I ever made it past server on any of them. I can look into the requirements and try to figure out a better balance.