Concourse Assassination Rules Ambiguous

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

perseid

Concourse Assassination Rules Ambiguous

Post by perseid » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 am

The current public notices around the Concourse and Assassins are unclear since there's no explanation for example on if associates in a party with an Assassin fulfilling an active contract are allowed to participate in combat on the Concourse. This seems like something that should be clearly explained given the Concourse has effectively become the universal safehaven for people picking fights that they would otherwise be unable to sustain.

Hazard

Re: Concourse Assassination Rules Ambiguous

Post by Hazard » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:54 am

I don't personally know of any characters using Dis as a safe-haven, but I think if that's happening you should ping the DM channel and let them know.

As for the assassins, the way I interpreted the signs, suggested to me that only those working for the guild can carry out contracts there, meaning you will either want to get other guild members to help you and that might be allowed, or you have to go at it alone and wait for a moment of vulnerability.

I agree it would be nice just to get some crystal clear confirmation.

DM Monkey
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Concourse Assassination Rules Ambiguous

Post by DM Monkey » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:11 am

I'm going to lock this, because this is definitely something someone will one day find out through trial & error in game. The question is more if a group of adventurers are willing to run the risk of having the incredible bad stuff happen because they haven't correctly interpreted the law in Dis. The law in Dis isn't something easily interpreted so be careful when your characters make decisions.

Try harder! Help set a good example of roleplay for the server culture.