Amber

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

AstralUniverse

Amber

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:27 am

Amber is a gem. A 'mid tier' gem. Cool.

The problem is that it's both kind of rare, because it's a new gem and it's not common, it's mid-tier, which is understandable, but it's also not that useful, and isnt particularly present in many recipes, again, probably because it's still new.

This creates an awkward twilight zone where it's very hard to find or trade these gems because characters dont usually bother mining them and saving them for trade, the way they do with diamonds, emeralds, rubies and tourmaline. whenever I buy gems from folk they never have Amber, while they have the more rare gems sometimes because they know they should keep those for trade.

My suggestion would be to add Amber to some recipes, to make the gem more valuable and then more accessible to those who are willing to pay properly. Or, otherwise, add a couple more Amber deposits in not-so-remote locations, slightly off LoS with the main paths. Another solution could be to add it to trade-able gems in settlement warehouses.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too