Shop Location/Appearance in the Nomad

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

A Digital Vagrant

Shop Location/Appearance in the Nomad

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:25 pm

Having been suggested to make a feedback thread on this, here I am. Thanks for reading!

The shop inside the Nomad is low footfall - most people do not even realise the shop exists, including at least one developer I've spoken to on the matter!

The appearances are different, as are the interactable spots - the pictures attached show this pretty well as my cursor is over both; one is one of the shops near the door, and the other is the Nomad's shop - I have a wooden sign (and some jars as of last night) to highlight the location as the shop doesn't highlight itself!

As some feedback, I'd like to suggest that the shop appearance be changed to something more obvious - this undersized display case is often ignored as it doesn't highlight at all! - or moved to this location to be more befitting of being obviously owned by the tavern itself:

Troutsworth

Re: Shop Location/Appearance in the Nomad

Post by Troutsworth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:11 pm

I second all of this. The fact that it's separated from the rest of the shops in the area is already enough to make most people not look at it. If it's separated, it should definitely end up somewhere more front-and-center so it doesn't end up just seeming like a display case.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:25 pm

I think I had played well over a year, even on a Cordor alt, before I knew that shop was a shop.

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:48 am

amazing ...

Not that long ago (perhaps shortly after Cordor revamp?), I saw the shop ...

After that I did not see it, and believed a bug hapened the first time :D

Had I not read this thread I would probably never had see that shop again (short of dealing with writ giver near, but will this ever happen to me again :?: )

Thanks for the feedback ... And of course, +1 :heart:

A Digital Vagrant

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:45 am

This has been sorted by the wondrous Twohand <3