GEM NODES & RARE GEMS - RARE RAW GEM DROP RATE

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

GEM NODES & RARE GEMS - RARE RAW GEM DROP RATE

Post by Sincra » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:28 pm

As it has now been some time I feel it is relevant to ask the community how many rare raw gems they have mined since their Inception.
If you feel you wish to clarify per character you can do so here or in the poll thread but the poll is for any and all.

Please go to the following poll thread and select an option:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45062

The update of introduction:
https://discord.com/channels/6518790256 ... 8380426372

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Azensor

Re: GEM NODES & RARE GEMS - RARE RAW GEM DROP RATE

Post by Azensor » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:48 pm

Since they were added i've mined one royal tourmaline, just one unit of it..once. and that was a few characters back now when i used to farm tourmaline spots on the regular.

Coolguy McMagic

Post by Coolguy McMagic » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:48 pm

I don't remember if I mined either one or two, but I was feeling generous so selected two. And I definitely mine every single node I ever see, no matter the quality of gem. The droprate is definitely incredibly low.

I don't actually mind the rarity - it gives me something to collect - but I dislike that there's recipes that need these new gems. Feels a bit cruel to me.

Bazelgeuse

Post by Bazelgeuse » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:49 pm

I can't actually remember how many I've mined. I think it's somewhere between 2 to 4, so I voted 4 just to be on the generous side.

I've mined up a Moonstone, a funky fire agate (forgot the name), and I think an Uvarovite. There might've been a 4th but I can't recall which it was.

Ravenhart

Post by Ravenhart » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 pm

I think I've only actually mined one...the others were obtained through the elk stones honestly and I mine every node I come across so it seems low rate drop which makes sense sine they are rare but a pain sourcing for the recipes that call for them.

Playing as Ravnhart

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:23 pm

I have a current gem enthusiast who has mined thousands of gems and I've gotten I think just 10 rare gems? 3 azurite, 1 rosenstone, 2 star sapphires, 1 Sunstone, 1 Rainbow Agate, and 2 Jades (I also happen to be keeping track). This character mines every gem deposit they come across and these rare gems are certainly very rare. They're still trying to get the rare one from Alexandrite with no luck, and none of the others.

My other character had Hundreds upon Hundreds of fire opals from a deposit they constantly mined, and only ever saw 1 singular rogue stone. I think they also found 1 royal tourmaline, as they mined that a lot, but not entirely sure.

These are both characters with the loremaster gathering gift, and i'm not sure how much that plays into this.

Otherwise, I've just gotten them from the elk stones.

They could probably use a boost.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:49 pm

I found the perfect place to find gems and have made insane hauls even from single trips... and no im not saying where thats foig lol.

New gem system is awesome.

solar separation
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Post by solar separation » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:30 pm

i've only ever found tourmaline or fire opals but i don't know if those really, count