Elementalist spell feats

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

chris a gogo

Elementalist spell feats

Post by chris a gogo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:28 pm

Okay to preface this I like where Elementalist is right now well done.

Elemental Hammer and Elemental Annihilation.

EH is now less useful I used it empowered before the change but now I have to have high focus to get that bonus so I stand by the fact that firebrand is better due it doing 90 damage 45 on a save.
EA. is same as before.

Elemental overcharge/savant.

It's main use is for emergency casting of your best spells to burst down a boss spawn if your low on focus.
I feel it's to short a duration now and I find myself generally not bothering or just forgetting all about it.
Where as before the change it had a longer duration and was the first action in a boss fight, activate it and run up and blast away.

Focus Cost.
The increased focus cost on spells seems fine and the reduction for element themed spells is a great bonus and does make them get used more often.

Last edited by chris a gogo on Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicebreakfast

Re: Elementalist spell feats

Post by nicebreakfast » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:43 pm

Are you sure about one round action?

Do you play hasted or with auto quicken ?

Btw. Hammer is still OK, not amazing as it was before. But still better than I.e firebrand as it has will save instead of reflex one.

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:38 pm

After more testing seems I was wrong about the one round action which makes it better. :)

Still dislike not being about to meta magic hammer.

Will alter my post.

nicebreakfast

Post by nicebreakfast » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:48 am

Remember that overcharge allows you to regenerate your focus now. It does not last long, but long enough to nuke enemies and regenerate some focus to nuke them again.

chris a gogo

Post by chris a gogo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:28 am

It's more the case of now you don't get time to do any movement so while it's active, so it's only good if you can stand still and hurl your six spells , where as before you could move about to gain a better casting location or follow your "guard/summon" when it charges off across the battlefield leaving you defenseless.
If you have to spend time moving around in a boss fight it's kind of wasted.