Shop Tax

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Shop Tax

Post by Tabby » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:34 pm

MRFTW wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:10 am
TheDoctor wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm

Yeah I got a letter from some trade minister czar guy fellah type and he was tryin to say that the shop needs to be stocked more and better blah blah blah.... Dude was clueless.. This was 2 days after having the shop and had allready made over half a million. It's hillarious at times... Bank account keeps growing on a massive scale.. settlements getting lovely taxes from it.. I still get letter... You need sell more things.

LOL

I've never been one, but I think trade ministers for settlements have access to their settlement's sales log. Mine wasn't in a settlement per se and didn't have any oversight like that.

They do yes :) unless the shop sign is locked behind a quarter. Again the settlement leader also needs to assign that power to a trade czar. Perhaps the trade czar dont have access to it.

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:31 am

It was bugged for a long time.

ReverentBlade

Post by ReverentBlade » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:37 am

Dreams wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:34 am

For every IG month that an item does not sell, tax 10% of its listed value from the owner of the shop. That way there is a disincentive from letting things sit forever, people need to be more attentive to pricing-for-sale as a result, and glorified storage gets actively punished. Everybody wins except for people who are either misusing the system or are poor shopkeeps.

No, it would just punish people that keep well-rounded shops. Crafted gear can sit on shelves for a while and those shops make money by offering variety. You'd see a market promptly saturated by easy to flip consumables and little else.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:00 am

ReverentBlade wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:37 am
Dreams wrote:

For every IG month that an item does not sell, tax 10% of its listed value from the owner of the shop. That way there is a disincentive from letting things sit forever, people need to be more attentive to pricing-for-sale as a result, and glorified storage gets actively punished. Everybody wins except for people who are either misusing the system or are poor shopkeeps.

No, it would just punish people that keep well-rounded shops. Crafted gear can sit on shelves for a while and those shops make money by offering variety. You'd see a market promptly saturated by easy to flip consumables and little else.

This is true.

Also, people would just game the system by taking things out and putting them back in.

Eyeliner

Post by Eyeliner » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:37 am

ReverentBlade wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:37 am
Dreams wrote:

Yeah, I mean if you make a piece of equipment only usable by a specific class and there just aren't enough of them around at the moment it's going to take a while to sell no matter what you do. Doesn't mean you can't sell 29 other things while that 1 sits.

On the flip side of that if you are on an underplayed class and you find someone actually stocking a rare item you need it can be a godsend and I've been willing to pay dearly for it, so it's not like it can't still be profitable to speculate even if the item sits for a month.